Archived Different Blocks/ sections of the store

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a stupid question but what are the different sections in the store? The only one I know is a- block which is beauty. What are the other ones?

oo...what's yellow and red world??
We just have Blue World, Green World, Market, and Softlines. Blue and green are split up into Blue=toys, sporting goods, electronics and "C" and then Green=Domestics, Pharmacy, Cosmetics, "D" & "E"

Most people at my store still say Red/Blue/Green all the time, except most of us would say "Blue Side" instead of "Blue World."

We have the walls above each entrance and the back wall each painted one of those colors, so we use the colors for practical reasons ("Hey Flow TL, can you unlock the green side doors?" Or "I'm going to go work this red side pull").

A older 2001 SuperTarget near me still has these colors. Only it's just blue & green.

Here is a picture of the green side signing back then.
http://s3-media2.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/vnKvW5feIEoDrsvgjKv2PA/l.jpg
My store is a Super T and we still have this signing. We really only use the colors to differentiate between the doors (Blue Doors or Green Doors) for TMs to unlock at store open, do carryouts, etc. or to specify which side of the checklanes we need backup on.

We rarely use the terms "Blue World" and "Green World," and never say "Red World" for anything

Blue = Electronics, MMB, Cards & Party, Home Office, Home Improvement, Automotive, Seasonal (Blocks A, B, C)
Green = Mini-Seasonal, H&B, Cosmetics, Housewares, Home Storage, Home Decor, Cleaning Supplies (Blocks E and F)
Red = Furniture, Domestics, Toys, Sporting Goods (Block D)

Dry Grocery and Meat/Dairy/Frozen are all technically on the "Green Side" and Softlines all has Blue signing, but these are their own areas.

Supers tend to go Green and Blue Worlds depending on the store entrance side.

Regular stores tend to go Softlines and Hard Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back