Archived Difficult Team Members from Other Stores....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you couldn't use your discount with any Black Friday/cyber Monday deals. Sounds like you should be bringing it up with ap.

Why didn't they try it at their own store? And why was the etl so afraid to say no? Something smells funny to me.

I thought you couldn't use your discount with any Black Friday/cyber Monday deals. Sounds like you should be bringing it up with ap.

Why didn't they try it at their own store? And why was the etl so afraid to say no? Something smells funny to me.

You were allowed to use your discount.

Honoring the BF deal with such a high gift card amount is iffy.. However, anybody who understands Vibe and what Target is trying to achieve at the end of the day, Sales, would have honored the Cyber Monday deal because of the website difficulties. So what... an Ipad costs $499 and you give 15% off so it drops down to $425. How does your store benefit from denying that guest the Cyber Monday deal which was botched and now that guest goes to a competitor to buy it... Instead of costing your store $75 you just lost at least $425. Do what's right for the guest or how you'd like to be treated and drive sales. Simple as that.

Honoring the BF deal with such a high gift card amount is iffy.. However, anybody who understands Vibe and what Target is trying to achieve at the end of the day, Sales, would have honored the Cyber Monday deal because of the website difficulties. So what... an Ipad costs $499 and you give 15% off so it drops down to $425. How does your store benefit from denying that guest the Cyber Monday deal which was botched and now that guest goes to a competitor to buy it... Instead of costing your store $75 you just lost at least $425. Do what's right for the guest or how you'd like to be treated and drive sales. Simple as that.

But this wasn't really a guest it was a TM who did not even have the guts to try this at thier own store.

Not to mention, target.com excluded Apple products (and a host of other brands/exclusions) from the 15% off coupon.

Apple products have less than a 15% markup. Your store doesn't gain from the sale at all if they mark it down to $425. So, no, I fully understand Target wants sales. I would not have honored the special. Especially not for a TM from another store trying to tell me what I do and do not have to do in my store. Their behavior would have quite likely resulted in them being thrown out of my store, and them being termed from their store.

You're suggesting that Target wants to sell $499 items for $362.65.

You Won't Believe The Markup On The iPad Air

It costs Apple $274 to make the damn thing. Apple'd only make a 32% markup selling them for that price directly. Someone who purchases them from Apple and then sells them for that loses their ass in the ordeal.

I would agree if it had happened on Monday, but the OP said this was on Tuesday.

The 15% off excluded Apple products IIRC anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back