Difficultly transferring stores. So frustrated!

Hello,

I have been working at Target in the fulfillment department for about 7 months. No write ups or call outs. However I am moving and need to transfer stores. Originally I was told by the admin assistant at my current store to try to contact the new store myself, but I tried three times and could not get in touch with anyone. When customer service at my desired new store picked up, I was always told the HR Lead was busy and they would call me back later. They never would.

I talked to my current store management about this and they said they would send an email over. My current store management likes me and said they would be happy to recommend the transfer. Yet still no response! I don’t understand why it’s that difficult especially this time of year. The new store I want to transfer to literally has huge “now hiring” banners out front.

I hate to be a pest but this is something I thought would be/should be easy but it’s been a headache. I don’t know what else I can do! I am moving 11/5 and would like to start shortly after my move but I cannot get any traction. Any advice?

Go on Workday and see who the team leader of your department at you desired store is. Contact that person. He is most likely to want to move things along. You can also apply for your job at the new store.
I totally respect people are busy but it’s very frustrating that the new store just isn’t calling me back or contacting back. This is a good suggestion that I can try though. Thanks.

Back