Archived Digital Advisor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was told I was going to be the digital advisor at my store but the thing is I'm still pretty new and I've never expressed any interest in doing so. What exactly does a digital advisor do?I searched the threads but came up with different answers. I wouldn't say I'm that tech savvy either...

You'll be expected to learn target's mobile apps and educate guests and team members on them. Like hardlinesmaster said, you probobly won't be doing anything different, but you'll get a picture on the wall.

You will be expected to be the advisor for all things target digital. You will need to know all about Target's mobile apps, and be able to show a guest or TM how to use them. That's the entire role. Know the apps, teach them. Some folks from this site say that their digital advisors take on some sort of ownership over myDevices. But I think that's just because they weren't exactly sure what the DA was supposed to be doing! Lol
PS. You'll also need to stay on top of digital deals (target.com and cartwheel) so you can share them with TMs and ultimately with the guests.

Last edited:
Any pay increase to be a DA? Lol. Or just something to look good for TL promotions ;)

No pay increase. It's all volunteer. And of course it only looks good for promotions if they actually DO the job lol. There won't be extra hours or anything like that so I think most DA's just end up being an extra picture on the wall.

Last edited:
IMO, the role of a digital advisor should be filled collectively by the SF ETL, ETL GE, and STL.

No pay increase. It's all volunteer. And of course it only looks good for promotions if they actually DO the job lol. There won't be extra hours or anything like that so I think most DA's just end up being an extra picture on the wall.
Okay thanks for all the info! This is all just so...odd. I haven't even been there for 90 days yet and now my picture is going to be on the wall. She didn't ask me if I wanted to do it so I didn't realize I could say no :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back