Archived Digital Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

catrainer

So, I just got assigned the position of Digital Adviser. Can someone please inform me as to what my responsibilities are?

I am one. Just a few are to talk at huddles about the new devices. Most importantly know them very well all processes and troubleshooting. Communicate with the team about any glitches you have found, any new updates that have taken place, also since we are on updates, to insure all iPods are up to date on the latest apps. All this falls under the ETL GE, but DA can assist. And have good communication with your ETL GE as well. Since they are over equipment anyways. Check REDwire for any new myDevice news. Back to knowing the devices, you will most likely train a good bit it of TM, TLs and other on the devices. I think that might be it. Also I have stepped up as well to monitor equipment to count have many you have count everyday to make sure you still have all. We have already had one stolen and one MIA. So holsters--is a must. If you have any other questions just ask. I will be more than happy to answer!

I am one. Just a few are to talk at huddles about the new devices. Most importantly know them very well all processes and troubleshooting. Communicate with the team about any glitches you have found, any new updates that have taken place, also since we are on updates, to insure all iPods are up to date on the latest apps. All this falls under the ETL GE, but DA can assist. And have good communication with your ETL GE as well. Since they are over equipment anyways. Check REDwire for any new myDevice news. Back to knowing the devices, you will most likely train a good bit it of TM, TLs and other on the devices. I think that might be it. Also I have stepped up as well to monitor equipment to count have many you have count everyday to make sure you still have all. We have already had one stolen and one MIA. So holsters--is a must. If you have any other questions just ask. I will be more than happy to answer!
Just curious, how many did you start out with? We have yet to lose one. Also, we do not currently have an ETL-GE or ETL-HR. Just ETL-Log. Should I talk to my STL to see who is responsible to update them?

Just curious, how many did you start out with? We have yet to lose one. Also, we do not currently have an ETL-GE or ETL-HR. Just ETL-Log. Should I talk to my STL to see who is responsible to update them?
We only got half of our total 18. We get the other 9 on the 13th.

Well since you don't have a GE, I suppose yes your STL would probably be the person to communicate with. He/she will probably leverage the responsibilities on you and any other DAs.

Well since you don't have a GE, I suppose yes your STL would probably be the person to communicate with. He/she will probably leverage the responsibilities on you and any other DAs.
I am the only DA as we are a very very small ULV. Our normal forecast has been about 40. Also, we are in the same situation as you with the myDevices. We get ours a little earlier though.

For updating, you just go to SAM, right? And you do NOT mean the iOS update. Correct? I know that our higher-ups are always saying to not update the devices.

For updating, you just go to SAM, right? And you do NOT mean the iOS update. Correct? I know that our higher-ups are always saying to not update the devices.
Correct the S.A.M. app and update the apps that need updating. And yes do not update iOS. Vendor will come in and update if they need updating. Like I said as well there will probably be big myWork update after the holidays into 2015 to add back room functionality, so look for any REDwire info on that for your team. I know I can't wait until I no longer have to carry two devices on some days.

I am the only DA as we are a very very small ULV. Our normal forecast has been about 40. Also, we are in the same situation as you with the myDevices. We get ours a little earlier though.
I feel you on the only DA, we have like 3 others and we are a ULV, too but they aren't into the devices like I am. I literally studied that myWork Starter Guide, haha.

Correct. All the installs as of the past few weeks are coming IOS8 installed anyway, so theres no need to update the ios.

I was told the afternoon before a big visit to get my picture taken b/c I'm a digital advisor. Ok. Yes b/c I know how do everything on it. I do use it for everything but I've never been on SAM or work starter guild or my work. I have so many responsibilities I barely have time go pee so going off stage to view red wire means end dime will go off 3 times. I haven't looked at red wire on my device yet

I was told the afternoon before a big visit to get my picture taken b/c I'm a digital advisor. Ok. Yes b/c I know how do everything on it. I do use it for everything but I've never been on SAM or work starter guild or my work. I have so many responsibilities I barely have time go pee so going off stage to view red wire means end dime will go off 3 times. I haven't looked at red wire on my device yet
Go to our my device thread for help. @OtherGuy & @UIguy are awesome for info the my device. @RunForACallBox is the go to person for us.

Hardlinesmaster I was being funny. Showing that communication & training doesn't happen in my store. I'm the full time person in electronics so I was picked. Besides I used my iPhone 2 Christmases b/4 we got them so it's like it was my idea lol

Hardlinesmaster I was being funny. Showing that communication & training doesn't happen in my store. I'm the full time person in electronics so I was picked. Besides I used my iPhone 2 Christmases b/4 we got them so it's like it was my idea lol
I understand. I have a lot of knowledge too. Spot gave me the same title too & no time to do it.
I was using my iPad or iPod for info.

You have to have equipment to need a digital advisor
You need working equipment to need a digital advisor
You need the hours to schedule the digital advisors
Who exactly are they going to help when they are backing up on a lane their entire shift
Good idea, no hours to implement. The trainer board looks nice though......

Digital Advisors are supposed to be full time electronics TMs, which we have, but I was the former elec. guru and since I come in early (which is a perk to update the iPods before anyone can get one) it just worked out even though I no longer work in Elec. The now main elec. TM doesn't come in until 8 and my POG team & truck team comes in at 6 now so.

I heard I'm supposed to become a Digital Advisor from one of our team members who will also havr that same role. I haven't heard anything official from any ETLs or TLs yet.

Myself and one other person were asked to be digital advisors, but neither of us are electronics or FT. To be honest, I have no idea what this "position" is supposed to be, as we've had my devices for a long time and basically everyone but brand new TM's know how to use it.

District leadership will probably want to know who the digital advisors are when they visit. They might not necessarily want to talk to them, but they want to know they exist.

My store has been really big on pointing out who our DAs are and how they can help us on anything MyDevice or Target app related. Every TM is expected to be able to explain to guests how to use the Target app, item subscriptions, and Cartwheel.

I was appointed as a Digital Advisor, as well as 7 others in the store, mainly to troubleshoot the myDevices and talk about Cartwheel and Target's mobile app. I work in the mornings, and every week I inform the flow and backroom teams about the latest Cartwheel deals and sales in the huddles so they may inform guests on the floor while pushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back