Digital coupon scammers

So long back story sorry

the scammers who make a purchase with digital coupons came in to do the return to get the cash as usual. At my store we make sure to give them the return back on a gift card ONLY even if it says some it is cash since they just show the barcode and they have to prove that they paid with cash to get it back in cash etc. tonight they show the receipt, it says digital coupon and a TM says that it says Cash so they process it and give them cash. The other scammers they were with come to my register and my TL register. Their receipt says cash but doesn’t say the amount and says digital coupons. They say they’re going to call corporate and they do, minutes later while on the phone they pass the phone to my TL and “corporate” tells my TL to process it thus they process the returns and tell me do so as well. I want to note that this TL is very nice and probably the sweetest person ever!

my question is, if they supposedly called corporate can I tell them that who ever they called has to call the store directly to ensure that they are indeed corporate and not just a scammers friend helping them out? I hope that makes sense but these scammers come in every night

Last edited:
well,
If the system prompts me to give $300 cash and $44 on a gift card I’m letting it go through. Don’t need a crazy ass scammer following me home after work for trying to get smart with em

AP is onto these scams (especially the MFR coupon scams) and will likely be doing something about it by the end of may

well,
If the system prompts me to give $300 cash and $44 on a gift card I’m letting it go through. Don’t need a crazy ass scammer following me home after work for trying to get smart with em

AP is onto these scams (especially the MFR coupon scams) and will likely be doing something about it by the end of may
@Yellowstone96 any updates to if the changes happened or what they are? We get hot hard at my guest service.

@Yellowstone96 any updates to if the changes happened or what they are? We get hot hard at my guest service.
My store was getting hit HARD for several weeks maybe even months. it took one of the leads to finally put their foot down against them and told them their returns had to be all on gift card or nothing and all the other Leads then complied. So every time they came to one of our registers we would call the lead/s and they would take over telling them it’ll be on gift card. They got crazy for the first few days and that’s when AP finally stepped in. Haven’t seen them or any return alike since then. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Back