Archived Disconnecting a PDA from a printer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we tie a PDA to a printer, is there a way to disconnect or use the PDA with another printer without having to log on using someone else's TM number or warm booting the PDA? I'm hoping there's a command that will allow me to switch printers without that tedious process.

No one seems to know, wondering if anyone here does.

That should also fix the glitch when you try to connect to a printer and whatever application you're in kicks you back to the main menu.

Why are you switching? Is it just to use new labels? If that's the case, you don't have to do anything except re-enter the printer ID number any time you go from clearance to regular to labels. Other than that, you need to log off of RF and MyHome, then log in again.

PricingMaster....If you are creating a label batch on the main printer, but at some point during the day you need to use the portable, the scans will keep dropping into your main printer batch. It is incredibly annoying. Thanks Sigma7!

I find that if you're doing a salesplanner, most of the time it's easier to do it off of the portable printer....unless it's cosmetics. TLs in my store find it easier too, plus it doesn't waste label paper (as in the case of when a salesplanner is 10 labels or so. I do agree that it can be annoying if you are switching from the main printer to a portable then back to the main.

Why are you switching? Is it just to use new labels? If that's the case, you don't have to do anything except re-enter the printer ID number any time you go from clearance to regular to labels. Other than that, you need to log off of RF and MyHome, then log in again.
Printers get glitchy, sometimes they'll just stop cooperating and we have to switch printers.

And we do just change the labels in the printer, that's not the issue.

Or if you're setting multiple salesplanners, select all of them and then print. Then you're maximizing labels per page. I don't like the way portable printer labels look. But that's just me being OCD. I do use portable printer labels when PTMing and flexing. Sooooo much faster.

Or if you're setting multiple salesplanners, select all of them and then print. Then you're maximizing labels per page. I don't like the way portable printer labels look. But that's just me being OCD. I do use portable printer labels when PTMing and flexing. Sooooo much faster.

I agree with this to the fullest. If I'm setting an endcap there will not be any portable printer labels in it. They do not look anywhere near as good as regular labels (and don't even think about using a 3x5 from a portable).

I don't like the way portable printer labels look. But that's just me being OCD.

It's not just you. They bother me because the text and the barcode get blurred (the shiny portable labels don't absorb the ink like the porous label sheets), then it looks like **** and you can't scan the barcode.

Ugh. Portable 3x5 signs are the worst. They can't be scanned, they're all shiny, and they just don't look right. Imagine a browser full of them..yeah I walked into that when I took over the entertainment dept. As if research didn't take long enough already. Add in keying every DPCI. Bleh.

That should also fix the glitch when you try to connect to a printer and whatever application you're in kicks you back to the main menu.

Sorry to bring up a relatively dead post, but exactly what application are you in when this occurs? Is it in Web-Apps or RFAPP's? Exactly if you can remember, what based-applications are you using? I know stores have reported this issue before and it seems to occur when a new client logs onto the PDA using RFAPP's that never had to log in through the main Web-App front page. The quick-fix that is known so far is to exit out of RFAPP's, return back to the Web-App Main screen and log out and log back in and return back to RFAPP's. I'm sure it has to deal with how the Web-App has a piece of code in it that allows RFAPP's to send queries to the print server correctly, but I'll go ahead and forward this to the person who directly owns this mobility project.

BCODE is where I see it the most. I've had it happen with TKT and PCHG though too. I make barcodes more than any other kind of ticket, and I can't remember a time it happened with the label application. I've only seen it happen with RF APPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back