Archived Discount no longer works on giftcards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a co worker was telling me they were trying to buy a itunes gift card today and our team member discount no longer works for them? I'm not sure about starbuck ones, disney, southwest, ect. Anyone heard anything about this? I know I use to buy my itunes ones with me discount all the time?

A RedCard discount still applies though. (Bright side?)

That being said I was bummed too.

Noticed this myself last week. Went to buy two World of Tanks giftcards (IS-6 was on sale) and it wasn't giving me my discount. Slight disappointment ensued.

I was completely bummed about this. Back before I was planning on leaving, I had plans to start stockpiling Disney gift cards to use for a family vacation in 2016. Doing the math, I would have saved over $600 on the resort package alone if I was getting 15% off the cards. Boo =( Oh well, I can't use the employee discount now anyway. Still planning on using the GCs though. 5% is better than 0% lol

Noticed this myself last week. Went to buy two World of Tanks giftcards (IS-6 was on sale) and it wasn't giving me my discount. Slight disappointment ensued.

I have a friend that used to benefit from me picking up some WoT giftcards with my discount (especially during those sale periods that Wargaming.net loves to have). Now I just buy my gold online. (Amazon occasionally has some good Tanks offers).

I used to buy steam gift cards, stopped doing so when I realized this had changed the last time I did so.

You still get the 5% redcard discount, but you don't need a TM to get that. Doesn't take as much off, but if it's for stuff you buy already like Starbucks and iTunes, it's still a bit of a perk. But yeah, Spot used to get a lot more of my money when I could get 10% off on the gift cards.

First I've heard about this. Bummed out since I usually bought the iTunes card packages for stocking stuffers when they went on sale and other gift cards for teacher gifts. Waaah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back