Archived Do Autofill/CAF timers continue to run when exited out of batch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I will not take responsibility for that. Honestly, why should it be my fault when I have to pull 30 plus CAF batches and it takes me 30 minutes just to pull the crap in meat, dairy, and the freezer? I have been told to wait until around the 30 minute and ask the LOD if one of them can help or a team member can help me. Sometimes, there is bad communication and I don't get help. Sometimes, the store is too busy where the sole ETL/LOD can leave the salesfloor and come to the backroom to help me. If they want the CAF batches/pulls to be completed within the 60 minute barrier, Target needs to release its death like grip on their own greed and have more people in the backroom in the afternoon and evening hours. If not, then all I can is that I'm going to do my best and try to get them done within the 60 minute barrier but I will not guarantee 100 percent that they will get done because I cannot predict how busy the store will be.

What volume of store are you at where meat, dairy, frozen take 30 minutes by themselves at 5pm? How long does the CAF report say it should take?

On some Saturdays and usually Sundays, the 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm CAF pulls on the grocery side are heavy. It's not me complaining or not wanting to do my job. It's just the way it is. And yes, there are some Sundays, when I spend 30 minutes pulling CAF pulls in dairy, meat, and the freezer. The report usually gives a time of about 20 to 30 minutes on all the batches in the cold areas. Dairy can take 10 to 15 minutes sometimes on the weekend.

I have a couple backroom veterans at my store who I overheard this from: If they are running close to missing the hour cut-off for CAFs, as long as the batch is open they won't take a hit on it. Usually one is pulling CAFs and the other is backstocking or other duties, but that means if CAFs are going to roll they can hold up to 4 of them open without rolling via open batch/toggle, open another batch on two PDAs. I'm not sure if this actually works as our pull scores are constantly changing from great to horrible and back again. I have some people at my store I'll try to ask this, if anyone else reads this and knows I'd be interested in knowing if this works.

I think the store will still get dinged if there are batches (opened or not) still in the pda.

Worse yet, what ever they end up pulling in those batches will rollover into the next CAFs too. At least, it's happened to me in the past. I finished pulling MTCL after the hour and when the next MTCL batch dropped it was all the same stuff in the same quantities. Lame!

The 5pm CAF pulls can't rollover into anything since they are the last of the day. I was still pulling CAF pulls at like 6:15pm last Sunday and I was still allowed to complete the batch. The store was extremely busy, my backroom help bailed at 3:30pm because he basically works early morning and had to work early morning the next day, and the ETL that was helping was too slow pulling them. Some ETLs are fast and at their A game when pulling CAF batches and then there are some ETLs that they are just not cut out to pull CAF batches.

If your store doesn't have 7PM CAFs, then wouldn't the 5s rollover into the autofills that night/the next morning? If the items haven't been pulled, there's still a need for them on the sales floor because the accumulator hasn't been satisfied.

I still think the CAFs wouldn't roll into the autofills. CAFs and autofills are different batches. If the 5pm CAFs for some reason never get pulled I think they will roll into the 11am CAFs. Again this is what I think and I am not sure of what really would happen. Anyone care to try this? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back