Archived Do i need to bring anything with me to first day of work/training at Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oht

I got hired recently and just finished my orientation today. I'm not sure if new Target employees are supposed to bring anything with them to their first day of training.. my first day of training is in 6 days so I need to know if I should bring anything with me, thanks!

Most likely not. If you needed to bring something with you, they should have told you.

I'd say a pen, a sheet of paper folded (or a pocket sized notebook) to keep track of the info they rattle off like when to go on break, aisle #s they want zoned, etc. A watch or your phone so u can keep track of your day. Money for lunch. If its super busy (usually only approaching Christmas) something to wear over your red shirt so you won't get harassed by guests on your lunch or after work.

Everything else should be provided.

Thanks a lot for the replies. I was just wondering because during orientation they gave us a lot of information in a 5 hour span and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything for my first day. Empty handed/just a pen sounded weird because I'm so used to college where you always have to bring things with you. Again thank you :)

Last edited:
I got hired recently and just finished my orientation today. I'm not sure if new Target employees are supposed to bring anything with them to their first day of training.. my first day of training is in 6 days so I need to know if I should bring anything with me, thanks!

What position?

Just bring yourself! A pen does always come in handy, though. Nothing fancy because there's a 99% chance that you'll probably lose it somewhere haha

Probably too late but if it's a store with key lockers you'll want to bring a quarter.

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Bring food so you don't have to waste half your break waiting in line to pay.
I start counting my break after this

Your break begins the moment you leave your work center. If you decide to spend some or all of your break in line, that's your decision. Anything longer than 15 minutes is theft of time. I step out of my work center & set a 14 minute timer on my phone so I know I can be back by my 15th minute

On flow we have announced time and then huddle. You can do what you want but you best be there for huddle at 16 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back