Archived Do we only hire for looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like looks do play a role in hiring for leads, but isn't the complete dealmaker. But it is true. I know of some leads, past and present, who weren't very great but looked pretty.

Not based on my leadership, they’re normal people. Only ever had 1 or 2 that tried to be fashion plates till their time on the floor taught them flats and heels aren’t practical shoes for retail.

They are the face of the company blah blah...

But really the STL wants someone hot to boink.

The face of the company should look like the guests that shop there. No matter how many Barbie and Ken dolls they hire, Spot isn’t an elite store that’s going to attract hordes of upper class shoppers no matter how young and good looking it’s leaders are.🙄

This was the case for most of ETLs at my store and even the STL.

A lot of the TLs were obese, definitely not catalog material unless it’s BBW

For the STLs and ETLs it is not so much being pretty and handsome that they are looking for but that certainly doesn't hurt.
Spot is looking for a type.
Spot wants youth and enthusiasm, they want positivity and a can do attitude.
They want the young men and woman who were active in their school and community.
People who participated in things like sports and showed some gumption.
It is also useful if they don't know much about business and management because then Spot can mold them to spec.
Or at least that has been their policy for quite a while now.
I don't think it has worked well for them.

For the STLs and ETLs it is not so much being pretty and handsome that they are looking for but that certainly doesn't hurt.
Spot is looking for a type.
Spot wants youth and enthusiasm, they want positivity and a can do attitude.
They want the young men and woman who were active in their school and community.
People who participated in things like sports and showed some gumption.
It is also useful if they don't know much about business and management because then Spot can mold them to spec.
Or at least that has been their policy for quite a while now.
I don't think it has worked well for them.

I don’t think it’s worked well for them either. An ounce of realism beats a ton of rah rah in getting a job done, and Spot’s idea of molding to spec is the rest of the world’s idea of brainwashing. Apparently it works better on young inexperienced brains.🙄

The face of the company should look like the guests that shop there. No matter how many Barbie and Ken dolls they hire, Spot isn’t an elite store that’s going to attract hordes of upper class shoppers no matter how young and good looking it’s leaders are.🙄

Then in my area that would be the basic bitch - yoga pants, PSL and hair up in a messy top knot. Or the dot.com employee on the way to work aka the hipster. But the basic bitch out numbers anything else by far so our ETL crew matches that pretty close. Probably why I never made TL, personally it is cause I have a zero tolerance for BS and being taken advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back