Archived do you cat walk with the CROWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
i was wondering if anyone else here does it, i do it all the time and is it best practice to do it?

in case any of you dont know what cat walking means, it means when you are trying to get a pallet from the top of the steel, you shimmy it off the side little by little until the forks completely pick up the pallet.

the main reason for doing this is because the bottom forks on the crown wont let you bring in the crown to pick up a pallet all the way.

all of our receiving aisles are set so the bottom is high enough that the crown wheels fit under it...

I do it when I think the pallet is not stable or unbalanced. I do extend the forks all the way out too.

There's a section or two in our steel where you have to because the lowest rack is a notch too low. Very annoying.

There's only a few locations in receiving where we have to do that. It blew my mind the first time someone showed me how to do it!

It also depends on I'm not backroom but I do my own pulls and I've told the backroom tl and he just says I know, it's too much work.

It actually got fixed when we did the remodel, but there are still time when you have to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back