Archived Do you get paid out for vacation upon leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it's better financially to take the vacation or personal holidays while you are still employed v. taking a payout at the end. I think Uncle Sam takes a big cut from the payout.

Thanks Jenna! I've been around too long to have been able to burn through vacation time before I leave, unfortunately!

Do team members get personal vacation time? I thought it was TL and above...
and dammit.. I have 192 sick hours accrued.

Team members can accrue vacation time if they meet the requirements for part-time "benefits," i.e. averaging 20+ hours per week. I don't remember the requirements for PH though - I've never gotten PH.

I accrue ph. Which sucks cause I never remember to take either. I used ph for snow call outs this winter though.

I almost never take extended vacations. In fact, this weekend I am going out of state for 3 days. I have 35 hours this week and 41 next week! I'll be using very little PH or vacation time.

In fact, what I normally do with PH and vacation time is I add it to my paycheck to keep my average hours high. Mine are currently over 39.3 average hours per week. That way I know I'll always have roughly the same paycheck amount every pay period.

I'm leaving soon and am cashing in my vacation hours in a couple weeks - a few friends (not coworkers) told me to leave it and then they'll pay you that at the end. I replied, with Target, I am not going to take that chance, I'm getting those hours!

Sometimes a "vacation" is worth more than money or average hours. Especially if you're the only person that can do that job.

The ONE time I actually took time off I came back to all kinds of drama & dust-ups; seems they found out what all I did day to day. They had to pick up the slack & it wasn't pretty.
My SBTL said he really wished I wouldn't do that again.
Didn't have to worry about that since these days, Momma gets a vay-cay only when hours get cut.

Last edited:
The ONE time I actually took time off I came back to all kinds of drama & dust-ups; seems they found out what all I did day to day. They had to pick up the slack & it wasn't pretty.
My SBTL said he really wished I wouldn't do that again.
Didn't have to worry about that since these days, Momma gets a vay-cay when hours get cut.

Lol. I was very sick and missed over a week of work. Today was my first day really digging in in my usual area and they have ruined everything. They've faked the funk the whole time I was gone, apparently. They put the reshop back for the most part but they didn't zone anything they just put things on racks willy nilly. it's overwhelming to look at it and know that I have to be the one to fix it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back