Archived Do you get your red and khaki pressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercallafraga

Target RX Girly
Got an e-mail to show up to training in pressed red and khaki uniform. Is this standard? Do you all dry clean your work clothing? Thanks!

Haha, only when I was interviewing.

If you are ETL or TL new hire. My store was generally just strict on TMs working in polo/button up shirts and straight khakis. Food Ave and Carts were the only ones allowed to wear red T-shirts.

Im a TL and was never told my cloths needed to be pressed/dry cleaned..good old iron and wrinkle free polos work for me....

Thanks for they reply. They used the word PRESSED twice in the email....all caps too! I better get it pressed, then... :)

lol hell no. I wear white nikes, cargos and I have a ****ton of red tshirts and 4 diff target hats I alternate between on days.

They told me to wear a red polo and I do sometimes, other days i wear a solid red v neck top. I'm sure the manager would say something if he didn't want me to wear a solid red tee

According to the new handbook, Washington and California employees can use the vests that used to be standard tm issue when you got hired and had pockets sewn in. So when a Spot-issued marker leaked it was the vest that got hit rather than your own clothes that you had to pay for with the rolls of money you got by virtue of working retail for a living.

I have a closet full of polos and khaki that I only iron when they come right out of the dryer and only if badly wrinkled. First time I attempted ironing some pants they almost got scorched and I have a terrible time finding comfortable pants as it is let alone ones in the acceptable shade of blah.

Wow, seems like my old store was really lenient on uniforms. I wore red t-shirts most of the time, and in the summer women could wear khaki capris. Red hoodies and fleece in the winter.

Although I wish they had been a little stricter on the dress code...there were SO many times where non-cart attendants wore shorts or the college aged women wore red that showed more skin than anything.

"acceptable shade of blah" I love it!:sarcastic3:

I mean it, the only worse color imho is baby pink (white for work.) Before they came out with the meeting and handed out little pamphlets to everyone touting how wonderful it was going to be since "customers can now recognize who you are" we wore whatever modest yet sturdy clothing we wanted along with those hardy vests and not so hardy apron things that ended up falling to your knees because you typically have a gazillion things you need to keep with you to do your job in a more timely fashion and the odd pant's pocket just doesn't cut it.

That meeting killed me at the time. Not only because I have real difficulty buying clothes that fit and feel good but because I always got stopped by people no matter what I wore or where I was. So if they really wanted to let guests find us easier then we should have kept those vests only with screen print SLAVE...UM PROPERTY OF TARGET on them front and back! :yess: Added bonus is that guests who innocently wandered in wearing red and blah would not get accosted by other guests demanding service.

Also good would be more salesfloor people and those store scanners with directories for commonly sought items.

Ha, I'm lucky if my clothes aren't wrinkled from pulling them out of the dryer two days after I originally dried 'em. :p

No....but, since we are required to wear red and khaki (and of course it needs to be clean everyday) you can take them to the cleaners and claim it on taxes without question.

Some of the ETLs would do the pressed and creased bit but I couldn't imagine for a minute anybody who actually has to get down on the floor going that route.

Yes, but you still spent the money on dry cleaning. And why dry clean regular clothes anyway? And besides, dry cleaning is for stuff that shouldn't go in a washing machine like a suit or nice dress.

I don't remember the Shapei dog??

I do have the Velveteen Rabbit and Shaggy dog though....

I think the first was the dog and cat combo from the nursery rhyme. They used to raffle off the huge versions to guests in sweepstakes. I remember seeing those hanging from the ceiling. Do you recall the Lego Yoda Sweepstakes? I had to glue ours back together a bit. What a time that was.

The only way my clothes will manage to stay clean day to day is if I coated myself in Teflon. Plus, some of that stuff in the store (tar, grease, adhesive goop from adhesive dividers cleanup sticks to fabric better than fabric threads do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back