Archived Do You Have Consecutive Days Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Finally A Guest Again
I've been with Target for a few years now and I am kind of at the point where I am tired of sleeping on my day off, not days off, day, and then going back to work on the next. It's been like this since early first quarter. I see all my friends and coworkers out, having their good time with their friends all the time but, I haven't done anything with anyone almost all year. I've talked to the people who do my schedule and nothing. They praise my work so, I know I'm not doing a bad job but, it's whatever. I think it's just time for me to hang my red and khaki up and go somewhere else. When is yet to be determined. How about you? Do you have consecutive days off or are you like me and work with 5 to 6 days in between your split days off?

I'm super part time, so yes, but I would talk to your ETL. Best practice is to try to give people a "weekend" but some managers may not really think about it. Ask if you can get two days off in a row, at least a couple weeks a month. Reasonable management should be able to work with that.

Change your availability to have two consecutive days off, you’ll still get your 5 days/40hours and you’ll be able to rest on one day and then get stuff done or hang out with friends/family on the next day, or vice versa.

Go in WB and then myTime Self Service and change your availability or talk to your ETL-GE.
I randomly get assigned two days consecutive off every few weeks so it works out.

I get 2 consecutive days off. I changed my availability. They aren't weekend days so that's probably why they let me and I still get a good amount of hours. Also when it's super slow the days off they give me they will usually throw by my already days off so I get a 3 or 4 day "weekend"

Before that I was working sometimes 12 or more days in a row before getting 1 day off so this helped with that

Change your availability to have two consecutive days off, you’ll still get your 5 days/40hours and you’ll be able to rest on one day and then get stuff done or hang out with friends/family on the next day, or vice versa.
What I have always been worried about is that, if I do this, I will be scheduled less because other TMs would probably take up the other hours. That's what they've told us before anyway, so I never changed my availability.

What I have always been worried about is that, if I do this, I will be scheduled less because other TMs would probably take up the other hours. That's what they've told us before anyway, so I never changed my availability.

They told us the same thing and I've been getting 30-40 hours still

Maybe sit with hr and ask which 2 days would be the best for you to take off? I also told them they can still call me even if it comes up unavailable those days so that helped and I have come in when hours were low on some weeks

They told us the same thing and I've been getting 30-40 hours still

Maybe sit with hr and ask which 2 days would be the best for you to take off? I also told them they can still call me even if it comes up unavailable those days so that helped and I have come in when hours were low on some weeks
That's a good idea. I've talked to them before about it and they just kind of give me the "we'll work on it" or "We'll see what we can do" response and then schedule me the same. I haven't talked about closing my availability with them yet though. Hopefully they help me out.

I always get random days off it just happens if it’s back to back or farther apart it’s the same thing for me...but I got used to it nothing bothers me

The key is not requesting Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday off in your availability. Do like Tuesday and Wednesday or Wednesday and Thursday. While doing so, let your ETL or HR know that you are willing to help out if they need you. And then you can always decide whether you’re good to work when they call you. You should still get your hours.

I remember I used to but now they’re separated from each other since we are understaffed.

I almost never have consecutive days off... only happens once in a great while. I typically have to request them if I want two days in a row off. I guess I'm not overly bothered by it, but it certainly makes me appreciate it when I finally have a two-day break.

Be a cashier, no problem having 2, 3, or even 4 days off in a row! My store doesn't give cashiers more than 4 days in most weeks for a Max of 20 hrs. Newest schedule gives most 2 days, and a few favorites, 3 days. Max shift length is 5 hours (6 hour state)

Going with the flow, lol. Always scheduled truck days. Thursday and Sunday are my days off.

If you're worried that changing your availability will impact your hours, try just requesting 2 sequential days off, once per month. One true weekend per month isn't much, but I would be surprised if you didn't get it. Find out which days of the week are easiest to cover from your TL or HR.

Just recently I had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off for the first time in forever and I made the mistake of picking up a shift on Saturday. It sucked.

I work Tuesday through Saturday, so my "weekend" is Sundays and Mondays. I like it because I hate working Sundays and Mondays lol.

I work Tuesday through Saturday, so my "weekend" is Sundays and Mondays. I like it because I hate working Sundays and Mondays lol.

That is my schedule as well. I have a SFS partner who does Sunday through Thursday so there is always one experienced person there. I personally don't care which weekend day I work but it will only be one of those days.

I do, but I often, forego them, for example today, was my only day off (until next Sunday) out of a 14 day stretch, but was called in for SFS. So now, on the first day of the week, I am already looking at overtime pay for 7-8 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back