Archived Do your TLs take breaks and lunch in team member break room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the person! There’s too many SrTLs and TLs at my store so not everyone has their own office or even a desk of their own so some of them eat in the break room. Only one of our ETLs ever eats there, though, the rest eat somewhere else

Only the Stl, aptl, and srhrtl have a desk at my store

My TLs were barred from eating at their desks by the ETL-HR (and supported by the STL) so they will eat at Food Avenue or the breakroom now. But ETL-HR eats in their office. No one likes them so better for them.

STL is pretty humble and well liked. He does eat in the breakroom and sometimes FA or Tarbucks.

My TLs were barred from eating at their desks by the ETL-HR (and supported by the STL) so they will eat at Food Avenue or the breakroom now. But ETL-HR eats in their office. No one likes them so better for them.

STL is pretty humble and well liked. He does eat in the breakroom and sometimes FA or Tarbucks.
Why did the ETL-HR impose that silly restriction?

What about the rest of the ETLs? Where do they eat?

I'm gonna guess that some of the TL's are messy and probably brought ants in. Otherwise it's a silly.
No ants at my store, but STL banned eating in TL office. STL and ETLs can still eat in their offices of course, but usually take over the training room. Go figure...

When I was an APTL, I was forced to eat mine in the break room with the team, while all the other TL’s got to eat in the TL Office area. I prefered eating alone in the AP Office but we were told we couldnt do that anymore.

When I was an APTL, I was forced to eat mine in the break room with the team, while all the other TL’s got to eat in the TL Office area. I prefered eating alone in the AP Office but we were told we couldnt do that anymore.

i overheard our APBP tell my APTL and our TPS that he doesn't want them taking their meal break in the office anymore, so now they eat in the breakroom

idk why

i overheard our APBP tell my APTL and our TPS that he doesn't want them taking their meal break in the office anymore, so now they eat in the breakroom

idk why
It’s easy to work off the clock in there. They say if we can hear the computer, it’s no bueno.

Why did the ETL-HR impose that silly restriction?

What about the rest of the ETLs? Where do they eat?
Idk when this ETL-HR came in, they started just making all sorts of changes and hammering down on rules no one had ever heard of or just I guess making them up. No ETL-GE (that one quit 1.5 weeks after this one showed up) so the STL gave them the front end to also head up. No water anywhere unless doctor's note, no relatives working the same shift, no reshop visible at GS, no GSA title if you don't have open availability, no eating in the TL office, no plaid/pattern/"mostly red" tops only solid red, no handbaskets on the end of the registers, no radios if you're cashiering only SCO use your lane light, no challenging coupons POS is always right, just crap.

ETLs have offices so they can eat there just like they can, but Team Leaders who all share like a big room with desks and computers cannot eat in there.

Idk when this ETL-HR came in, they started just making all sorts of changes and hammering down on rules no one had ever heard of or just I guess making them up. No ETL-GE (that one quit 1.5 weeks after this one showed up) so the STL gave them the front end to also head up. No water anywhere unless doctor's note, no relatives working the same shift, no reshop visible at GS, no GSA title if you don't have open availability, no eating in the TL office, no plaid/pattern/"mostly red" tops only solid red, no handbaskets on the end of the registers, no radios if you're cashiering only SCO use your lane light, no challenging coupons POS is always right, just crap.

ETLs have offices so they can eat there just like they can, but Team Leaders who all share like a big room with desks and computers cannot eat in there.
That ETL must want to be a warden at a Supermax prison. As if working at Spot isn’t miserable enough without more 🐓💩 rules and Mickey Mouse enforcement...

The only reason I could see ETL's and STL's or BP's wanting the leaders to eat with the team is to try to get them to interact with the team in a relaxed area. I used to hate eating with some of my TM's which sure probably makes me an ass. However over time I started to enjoy eating with my team. I've actually found out I have a lot in common with a lot of my team members and it actually has made us a bit closer. A good chunk of my TM's love video games and we share that so we tend to talk about it a lot off the clock. One of them even taught me how to play Magic the Gathering before lol.

One reason I take some of my breaks away from the team is I tend to work and respond to calls on break, and I’m not trying to stop mid conversation with them to respond on the walkie or have them having to listen to the chatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back