Archived Do your TLs take breaks and lunch in team member break room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t use to be an issue but all the TLs have taken to having breaks and lunch in the break room. Sometimes five or six at a time talking loudly and generally disrupting the peace in there. Every time I am in there, there have been at least two leads in there. They used to eat in their offices and they even have a lunch area in the team lead office area.
A few team members have commented that they feel it is on purpose and nobody wants to be in there any more.

No. In my store the break room belongs to the TMs, as it should. Few people can relax and enjoy their break/ lunch with their boss sitting at the next table. Even if they aren’t observing or eavesdropping, TMs still can’t really relax with leadership sitting there. TLs eat in the interview room or training room, TMs can enjoy their time in the break room, and everyone seems happy with the arrangement.😁

Nah, the TLs eat in their little office area. Only come in there to get food out of the fridge, microwave, etc. My one GSTL will poke his head in to tell us something funny every once in awhile, but they generally leave that area alone.

We eat as a team. The pog and pricing team break and lunch together. Our tl eats with us. The flow tl joins sometimes. I'm fine with it. We watch tv. Watch YouTube. Talk about our pets. It's not an issue.

Depends. STL and ETLs never. They just pop in microwave their food. ETL-HR will linger a bit longer and chat though. Other TLs will be in the break room unless they have some email they need to catch up on while eating or they're pissed at someone else in there.

Not a big deal. Hell, I love when the AP lead is in the breakroom. That's when we get the latest stories.

I don't GAF what's going on in the break room. I take my breaks/lunches in my truck and get away from the masses for a while.
cheers2.gif

TL and TM both eat in break room. Sometimes I eat in my office, target cafe, or training room depending on my mood honestly. However, sometimes I do eat in the break room with the rest of the regular staff.

ETLS only eat in the training room

No. In my store the break room belongs to the TMs, as it should. Few people can relax and enjoy their break/ lunch with their boss sitting at the next table. Even if they aren’t observing or eavesdropping, TMs still can’t really relax with leadership sitting there. TLs eat in the interview room or training room, TMs can enjoy their time in the break room, and everyone seems happy with the arrangement.😁
Breakroom belongs to the team members? That’s quite and exclusion saying the TLs are not members? In the breakroom everyone is off the clock so if you worry about tl overhearing something that you don’t want too you shouldn’t speak it. After all it could be just as easily for a tm to rat on you anyway.

Last edited:
Anyone and everyone uses our break room. Often have lunch with ETLs and STL, have never thought anything of it.

We either take ours in an office or outside to smoke. Although when we go outside it’s a mix of TMs and all levels of leadership; it’s nice. People that don’t get along on the clock will unwind and have a good time over a cigarette.
Same . Always take my lunch and break outside because we are all pretty much “ bad people “ that’s smoke and always the conversation turns into a sexual herrasment where everyone adds something

Anyone and everyone uses our break room. Often have lunch with ETLs and STL, have never thought anything of it.
The thought of my STL sitting in the breakroom just makes me laugh. She barely speaks to any of us.... just a “how ya doing!?” and walks away before we respond. She barely even walks into TSC. I’m actually lol’ing at the thought of this happening at my store.

Same . Always take my lunch and break outside because we are all pretty much “ bad people “ that’s smoke and always the conversation turns into a sexual herrasment where everyone adds something
This! We’re the degenerates and we are always roasting each other and pushing the limits of acceptable out there 😂

This! We’re the degenerates and we are always roasting each other and pushing the limits of acceptable out there 😂
I always tell my team members guys that if they ever need anything and I mean anything even a new change I said I can put a strap on that’s kind of a friend I am lol

Only our Seniors eat in their offices. Non senior TL like myself don't have an office and we eat in the breakroom.

Everyone is usually in the breakroom, true of both stores I've worked at. My only annoyance is when ALL the leadership goes on their meal break together and no one is on the floor. I don't mind if they're in there if I'm on break myself.

STL's should know the name of every TM there for at least 30 days.

LOL. Not going to happen with mine. He'll chat with the softlines girls, but any other regular TM is persona non grata. One of my favorite Target moments happened when I was in the back helping our receiver load some stuff into the truck. STL comes over the walkie and says, "Team, I'll be on a conference call and off walkie for awhile." Receiver says to me "Did anyone know or even care that he was on the walkie?" No. No one. Didn't even know STL was in the building.

We have a TL bullpen, thats where most of us (TLs) eat /hang out. I think it’s important to keep a little bit of a distance.
I am not one to fuck arround.

Most of the tls eat at their desk. Tho the Flow TL eats with his team and my tl does hang out there from time to time

I never used to care because it was never bad before. When it is just one TL we chit chat and it is actually nice getting to know each other outside of Target. Lately, though. It is the Etl, the STL and at least three other TLs all huddled together either talking very loud or whispering to each other. It is a very us vs you vibe. Don’t know why it started but it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back