Archived Does anyone know how stores cheat with attachment rate score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen few store in a company that have AAR% rate beetween 300-400% and some stores have over 1000% score. Can someone explaine how you get that many attachmnents in one group for exaample MP3 players that your score will go up to few hundred/thousand persent . Does anyone know what stores do to cheat and get numbers that high.
Thanks

Stores with that kind of attachment rate can't afford to be cheating.
They know Spot is going to be looking at how they did it.
My store hit numbers like that a couple of times.
It involved very large purchases of video game packages and consoles that had attachments with every single one as kind of an incentive to the TL to let the guy clean us out.

Numbers like that sounds of something fishy to me. So far I haven't seen numbers like that in my district that I'm aware of. The highest amount I have seen is 110% at my store.... the location I work at is usually pretty slow, at least around the Electronics department, most people don't want to add on item's, some days get lucky, some don't... I can see those numbers during the Holiday's though, especially around Black Friday.. like I said, to me that sounds like a Red Flag if stores are getting that much of an attachment rate. Or either that someone has some mad selling skills.

EDIT- for the MP3 player (This is just a wild guess) regarding ipods and such, I wonder if other stores that have high AAR are adding attachments for what's inside the package? for example sometimes there are camera sets (Case, SD card, etc) they could be using those extra items that are in a bundle and adding them in as AAR....against policy to do that too...just a wild guess though as to why they could be having high AAR.

Last edited:
If you have questions about this, do a MySupport request or call HROC

I don't work in electronics but I cover lunches there pretty often. We have three registers there and they tell me to use the middle one if I don't have any attachments or ESPs or whatever. I think the other two count them but that one doesn't or something. I guess it is lumped in with the front lanes registers or something?

No, AAR is tracked statewide. The only thing that is affected by register for electronics is ESPs. Wait, no they stopped tracking electronics ESPs and everyone else. So, no, that doesn't matter. Might be a speed thing so that transactions that might take less time are on the middle register?

Look in the TV Cable sections, and Phone Lines/Computer Stuff..

Cable Extenders, Splitters, and other stuff over there. Cheap, and they Work...

Oh yeah, and before I forget. Round up 'em Video Gamers at your store, and have them buy the pre-order cards. Make sure you mention they'll get a free $5 Gift Card out of it.

Thanks. The card has to be purchased in addition to a system or by itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back