Archived Does anyone know how to increase attachment rate score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen few store in a company that have AAR% rate beetween 300-400% and some stores have over 1000% score. Can someone explaine how you get that many attachmnents in one group for exaample MP3 players that your score will go up to few hundred/thousand persent . Does anyone know what stores do to cheat and get numbers that high.
Thanks

Absolutely no way in hell could a store have a 1000% attachment rate. They are obviously cheating the system, i.e. buying an iPod and 10 headphones and promptly returning them all. I have worked electronics for some 4ish years and have never had 10 attachments in one sale, maybe 7-8 max. And that only happened once.

Sometimes I wonder how many stores actually cheat the numbers. I'm not talking about TWT etc, stuff that everyone cheats. But something like AAR, to cheat that number is really f*cked up.

Absolutely no way in hell could a store have a 1000% attachment rate. They are obviously cheating the system, i.e. buying an iPod and 10 headphones and promptly returning them all. I have worked electronics for some 4ish years and have never had 10 attachments in one sale, maybe 7-8 max. And that only happened once.

Sometimes I wonder how many stores actually cheat the numbers. I'm not talking about TWT etc, stuff that everyone cheats. But something like AAR, to cheat that number is really f*cked up.

I am a bit astonished at this. I have 600-1000% transactions quite regularly. If you have a printer, and it's for an office environment, the guest may purchase two of every ink ( individually packaged, not combo packs ) in order to save trips down the line. That can easily get a base of 800%, and that's without paper, or cables.

The same can be done with cameras fairly easily. 2 Sd cards, a case, tripod, batteries, battery charger, a flash, strap, and an esp will put you at 900%. Granted, that's quite a bit of time spent with the guest, but your number one priority should be guest service.

I'm not a tl, or an etl. I'm just a regular tm. I haven't been working for target for four years. I'm a sales person. I'm in a sales position. I'm being paid to sell. We get paid an incentive wage to sell. Earn it. Otherwise, someone else will.

I've sold a flash once in my years at target. You got the gift horse on that transaction.

200-300 should be fairly easy for cameras, sd card, case, replacement plan. Anything beyond that is either being a great salesman, higher than average income area, easy going guests, or some combination. When I was last back there batteries didn't count according to my ETL, but that was a year ago. And since HQ is rather vague when it comes to specifically what counts as attachments, who knows.

Focus on getting the guest what they need rather than getting your attachment rate super high. If you know your guests's needs and understand the products we carry and how they can help the guests meet their needs (even the needs they don't know they have) then you will do fine. If you can't get guests to buy anything else, then you might need to work on your approach, but most of the time guests will need stuff to go with their purchase.

Sorry to sound like a cheesy training video, but that's the way I feel about attachments.

And if you're a gifted salesman and can get people to buy superfluous add ons (the typical guest doesn't even need a DSLR let alone a flash) then go for it! Increasing sales is usually good.

I've sold a flash once in my years at target. You got the gift horse on that transaction.

200-300 should be fairly easy for cameras, sd card, case, replacement plan. Anything beyond that is either being a great salesman, higher than average income area, easy going guests, or some combination. When I was last back there batteries didnt count according to my ETL, but that was a year ago. And since HQ is rather vague when it comes to specifically what counts as attachments, who knows.

Focus on getting the guest what they need rather than getting your attachment rate super high. If you know your guests's needs and understand the products we carry and how they can help the guests meet their needs (even the needs they don't know they have) then you will do fine. If you can't get guests to buy anything else, then you might need to work on your approach, but most of the time guests will need stuff to go with their purchase.

Sorry to sound like a cheesy training video, but that's the way I feel about attachments.

And if you're a gifted salesman and can get people to buy superfluous add ons (the typical guest doesn't even need a DSLR let alone a flash) then go for it! Increasing sales is usually good.

Couldn't agree more here. While I am a (somewhat) gifted sales person, I'm not at the best store in the best city. I just do what I can. It all comes down to guest service. Just as Sigma pointed out, it's about the guests needs. But, while that is true, their happiness is paramount. Electronics is a luxury department all the way. Anything you sell them (starting with the original item) is more than they need. Just make sure they leave happy, and you've done your job.

A guest at my store will buy a bunch of i-pods, i-pads and itunes card and then takes up into Canada....

I am a bit astonished at this. I have 600-1000% transactions quite regularly. If you have a printer, and it's for an office environment, the guest may purchase two of every ink ( individually packaged, not combo packs ) in order to save trips down the line. That can easily get a base of 800%, and that's without paper, or cables.

The same can be done with cameras fairly easily. 2 Sd cards, a case, tripod, batteries, battery charger, a flash, strap, and an esp will put you at 900%. Granted, that's quite a bit of time spent with the guest, but your number one priority should be guest service.

I'm not a tl, or an etl. I'm just a regular tm. I haven't been working for target for four years. I'm a sales person. I'm in a sales position. I'm being paid to sell. We get paid an incentive wage to sell. Earn it. Otherwise, someone else will.

Printers are hard because they will bring it up to the check lanes to purchase them, and we can't catch every guest that's looking at them before they make the purchase. Also there are no offices around my store, it's a suburb. The fact that you gave 600-1000% transactions quite regularly made sense when you said you haven't worked for Target in awhile because that just doesn't happen, or at least anymore. Customers trade in empty ink cartridges to Office Depot for a free ream of paper, and there is their supply. And no one uses cables anymore, almost all printers are Wi-Fi.

As for your camera example, we don't even sell batteries anymore and the chargers are getting clearanced out (and the camera comes with a charger so no sense in buying another up front). The flash is only good for SLRs, and straps come with most cameras and/or cases.

Sorry I'm just shooting down all your examples but I'm trying to defend the fact that it is nearly impossible to have a TEAM SCORE (not just one TM) of that high of a percentage without cheating the system. I mean in all my time at Target, not only have I rarely ever seen a percentage on a category for 300%+ weekly, but I've rarely ever seen it in our entire group.

A lot of stores get hit by the tax exempt people. They come in and buy thousands of dollars worth of electronics, but the store wont sell it to them unless they get attachments with it. Just the other day we sold some guy an ipod/ipod and he bought over 50 $100 dollar gift cards. This doesn't count the consoles he did in a separate transaction.

A lot of stores get hit by the tax exempt people. They come in and buy thousands of dollars worth of electronics, but the store wont sell it to them unless they get attachments with it. Just the other day we sold some guy an ipod/ipod and he bought over 50 $100 dollar gift cards. This doesn't count the consoles he did in a separate transaction.

Hl4 to electronics!

It possible to get huge AAR numbers when you dont see a lot of traffic in Electronics and are able to attach more than one item to a purchase. One week we sold only 1 xbox with 11 attachments for the whole week. That was a good week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back