Archived Does it count against your attendance if you go home sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm not sure if this is the best spot to post this but I just joined the site so hopefully I can find some answers here!

Anyway, I've always wondered about this. If you go to work but end up going home early because of illness...does it go against your attendance record? Or does it depend on how far into the shift you are or something like that?

Generally not. If your leadership has it in for you they might use it as evidence of inconsistent attendance. Leaving early once isn't going to affect you badly unless you have other bad qualities.

If it's an considered an emergency you won't get in trouble, they understand these things happen.
Even if they have reason to believe you are faking it (I'm not implying you were) they are supposed to be reasonable and let you go home early anyways.
Also it's better for you to go to work and leave early then call at the last minute and say you can't go to work at all, or at least if I was a TL I'd think of it that way.

Just throw up. They'll let you clock out!

It's depend on your TL. One of my co worker got final warning and told him his depart early during his shift for his mother in hospital can count against his attendance record.

We keep track of call outs, no call/no shows, late and early leave on our daily grid, so it must be something they can hold you accountable for somewhere...

A TM at my store was having severe attendance issues and when the ETL finally talked to him about it, he had a calendar printed out with every shift this TM had in the past month, and every punch in/out that was more than 5 minutes different from schedule was highlighted and used as an example of poor attendance. I think 1 of them was for leaving 2hrs into a shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back