Archived Does Target change payrates for team members that work in a wc that's above mim raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, NJ raised the Min Raise recently to 8.25. But I work in Flow and we started at 8.50

Cashers and CA are getting the raise to 8.25. Will flow get the extra dollar to 9.50? It seems wrong to have only a quarter in difference considering the huge difference in workload

This is my opinion that they will not change your wage. Target had to raise the cashiers wage thats why they did. Since you already make more than minimum then they legally and most likely will not adjust other peoples wages.

That's something you would need to partner with your ETL-HR or HRBP to get a clear answer. I haven't seen it at Target, but at previous employers they did honour that because minimum wage went up, everyone in a certain wage bracket would be entitled to a raise equal to the increase.

I have another question sort of similar to this, actually. I live in a state where the minimum wage is $7.25. I've worked for Target for a little over 2 years, and I got my pay increases from the reviews.

I'm transferring across the country to a state where the minimum wage is 9.32. My question is this: My current pay is under $9.32. I know it'll be raised to meet this, but will my pay also be increased to match the increases I got from my reviews?

My question is this: My current pay is under $9.32. I know it'll be raised to meet this, but will my pay also be increased to match the increases I got from my reviews?

I believe corporate policy is to pro-rate your pay, but I don't know specifically how that's determined in the case of a transfer. I figure there will be a premium based on your experience with Target (i.e. $0.20 per year-of-service), but again, that's a question better suited towards ETL-HR, HRBP, or ER/LR.

But what about new flow team members? Would they be hired on at the new pay grade of 9.50 or did the pay grade just fall through the wayside?

If our minimum wage went up a dollar an hour and I was now making as much as the cashiers, I would immediately step down as a GSA.

Like, NJ raised the Min Raise recently to 8.25. But I work in Flow and we started at 8.50

Cashers and CA are getting the raise to 8.25. Will flow get the extra dollar to 9.50? It seems wrong to have only a quarter in difference considering the huge difference in workload

When minimum wage went up in my state I was a PG 7 and I got an increase as well. Granted, that was only a 15 cent an hour increase but that is what the min wage increase was.

But what about new flow team members? Would they be hired on at the new pay grade of 9.50 or did the pay grade just fall through the wayside?

If our minimum wage went up a dollar an hour and I was now making as much as the cashiers, I would immediately step down as a GSA.

I remember when I first started when I was making $7.25 and found out the seasonal people were making more than me, I was pissed >.>

I can tell you my experience...this was around 2008-2009.

A few years ago when the federal minimum wage was raised, you did not see a pay increase if you were already above the new minimum. I had tms the had been there for years and had started out at $5.75 or something right there abouts. When the minimum got bumped up to $7.00, everyone that was under $7.00 got a raise that took them to $7.00. If you were over the minimum, you saw nothing. So we then had a lot of people quit because new hires for Salesfloor and cashier were making 7 per hour while some of the seasoned tms were only making 7 as well. It pissed a bunch of people off because it made your previous merit raises not matter at all. You bust your ass for a company for feeble pay increases and then minimum wage goes up, and while you're making more than you were...your experience, past performance, and work ethic count for nothing.

But that's just business as usual.

My HR told me my rate should go up even though I was at the new minimum. Where again do I check my hourly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back