Does Target ever fire anyone?

I have been at Target for over five years.

In my store I have only heard of ONE TM fired for job performance. It was an ETL and that took a year and he was terrible from day one.

I am not counting seasonal employees, thieves, sexual harassers, etc.

Is this a metric Target tracks?

There was a coworker that spent a ton of time talking and refusing to do work. It took time but once a new ETL came aboard, he was let go shortly after. Firing people takes time but it will happen eventually. An indication about whether someone is fired is if you ask your team leader about where the person is and you quickly get rubbed off.
Or they mysteriously disappear from the schedule!

There was a coworker that spent a ton of time talking and refusing to do work. It took time but once a new ETL came aboard, he was let go shortly after. Firing people takes time but it will happen eventually. An indication about whether someone is fired is if you ask your team leader about where the person is and you quickly get rubbed off.
They left to pursue other opportunities, is Target code for TERMED.

@Hal can probably speak to this as an OM.

At the DC people in their first 90 days can be let go for performance. Once they hit 90 days the OM has a tougher time because it's beyond the probationary period. The trainer check in discusses each new hire between the trainers, the Training SOM and the OM.

They left to pursue other opportunities, is Target code for TERMED.

@Hal can probably speak to this as an OM.

At the DC people in their first 90 days can be let go for performance. Once they hit 90 days the OM has a tougher time because it's beyond the probationary period. The trainer check in discusses each new hire between the trainers, the Training SOM and the OM.
100%.

If someone quit, I can just say they quit. If I term someone my answer is "so and so is no longer with Target." Its a weird legal/hr policy thing.

There's a lot of people who worked for me who are "no longer with Target."

Back