Archived does target only want etls with NO management experience?

• Thread starter target etlhopeful2012
  • Start date
  • Replies 63
  • Views 17K
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the parent company is 100% relevant. It's basic economics and accounting. Explaining that, to you, if you don't get it already, would take more time than I care to spend on the topic.

I've heard quiet rumblings that PS4 may never happen b/c of the failings of Sony as a whole. 50% in a year? That's just plain awful. Also, margins in the console/entertainment industry are rather miniscule, volume is the key, and microsoft/nintendo are still owning sony in that regard.

Edit: Since you felt like tossing on that last... ridiculous... paragraph, I'll take this chance to explain how you're wrong yet again. Then I'm going to go watch Cabin in The Woods with my wife, I hear it's pretty funny.

SCEA is a part of the umbrella organization that is Sony Corp. The head of SCEA, whatever his name is, reports to Sony Corp, not vice versa. Sony Corp. owns all rights, intellectual property, physical land, equipment, buildings, etc. If Sony is failing, you are failing. Picture Sony Corp. as a human, the brain being Sony Corp. itself, if that brain fails, you... the leg, die. You're not parallel, you're not "target india vs. whatever you were trying to talk about", you are a subsidiary of a larger company, if they fail, you do.

Now have a good evening fella, I'm sure you'll be Bill Gates come this time next year.

Lol, all I got from this was "derp derp derp"

Ok, back to the original post and topic since we seem to have gotten off topic. I applied for my University career site & I'm waiting to see if they select need to interview based on my resume, which has*2 years of management experience, having a MBA obtained this year, BS obtained in 2009. I also have some campus leadership experience. Just based I'm what i have seen it seems like MOST etl's haven't actually been supervisors or managers before so i am worried that i won't get selected to interview. I also would want to negotiate above 50k... Since I'm Making more than that now...

I'm using the degreaser to clean the soot off the walls & every other surface in this thread now that the flames seem to be out for the interim....

No worries, I stopped taking him seriously when he said they sell ps3s at a loss and games cost whatever silly amount he stated.

1) Sony has been selling their ps3 for a profit since before he supposedly started working for them (2010 FYI, simple google search will verify).

2) Also, his absolutely absurd profit margins on video games can be proven false by googling "video game profit margin"; read away folks. They only get 20-25% of the sale price and it isn't all profit.

Seriously people, wise up, SoT doesn't work for Sony and he never has. You don't get basics, like those, THAT wrong and actually work for Sony. Don't know what his angle is, but he's lying.

No worries, I stopped taking him seriously when he said they sell ps3s at a loss and games cost whatever silly amount he stated.

1) Sony has been selling their ps3 for a profit since before he supposedly started working for them (2010 FYI, simple google search will verify).

2) Also, his absolutely absurd profit margins on video games can be proven false by googling "video game profit margin"; read away folks. They only get 20-25% of the sale price and it isn't all profit.

Seriously people, wise up, SoT doesn't work for Sony and he never has. You don't get basics, like those, THAT wrong and actually work for Sony. Don't know what his angle is, but he's lying.

You're working very hard to prove that he hasn't worked for sony. You're doing way too much research on a company that you don't work for. Don't you have some work to do? Perhaps some team members & team leads to boss around so that your numbers are the green? IJS

You're working very hard to prove that he hasn't worked for sony. You're doing way too much research on a company that you don't work for. Don't you have some work to do? Perhaps some team members & team leads to boss around so that your numbers are the green? IJS

I promise, you don't want to get in the middle of this.
Here's a beer and some peanuts.

Afterwards though you have to help redeye, hardlinesmaster and me clean up the mess, with the big bucket of steel wool and degreaser.

Dedicated maybe a half hour to this thread... Yeah, I've got that kind of time to spare. Based upon your last line, particularly the "boss around" part, I no longer think you're serious about what your saying/asking. However, in the interest of trying to be a good sport, yes you can get above 50k starting, but it'll depend upon education, experience, and the market you're in.

I promise, you don't want to get in the middle of this.
Here's a beer and some peanuts.

Afterwards though you have to help redeye, hardlinesmaster and me clean up the mess, with the big bucket of steel wool and degreaser.

I chuckled... for whatever it's worth.

a bunch of trollers on this thread lol

its friday night, grab a 40oz and chill the F*** out

a bunch of trollers on this thread lol

its friday night, grab a 40oz and chill the F*** out

Gotta be up at the a-crack of dawn, actually before that, so there will be no 40's. Enjoying my rum and coke though.

Also, you'll never catch me trollin' dirty.

1. You are right that they have been sold at a profit since 2010, but for the majority of the PS3's life they were sold at a loss. Chances are, we will never make up that loss just because they turn a (small) profit now. You do understand the concept of selling millions of units at a loss from launch day at a loss, and then finally turning a small profit on units sold years later when demand has dropped to the floor, will never cover the initial loss on the initial millions of units sold, right?

2. Those profit margins are for 3rd party titles. 1st party titles (made by SCEA) see huge profit margins that I previously provided. Obviously I was talking about SCEA produced games - why would we make much money off of someone elses intellectual property? You are right we make much less from licensing fees of 3rd party games. I think it was pretty clear that I was talking about SCEA produced games, but then I suspect you know that.

Lol and now I don't even work for SCEA. You've got so many interesting lines. I notice you seemed to forget about your claim that PS4 would never exist. I think you just throw as much BS out as you can to get your rocks off. You have gone out of your way to follow me around and attack me ever since I ditched Target for a better job, and honestly I don't ever remember doing a damn thing to you to motivate you to follow me around. You know what that tells me? You're jealous you haven't found a job you love, and you're so bitter about it you take it out on anyone you can.

You remind me of a TM that worked at our store for years. He would bi** and moan daily about how much he hated Target, would quit the moment a better job came along, and told everyone else to get a better job and leave ASAP. You know why I still remember him? Every time someone actually *did* get a better job, he was the first one trash talking them behind their back. Then he would go and advise them to stay at Target and turn down the other job because Target suddenly wasn't so bad afterall. I guess misery loves company..... He was just as obvious to everyone about his motives as you are.

Last edited:
Sweet backpeddle. I got promoted to ETL, in less than a year, I've got nothing to be mad about. However, I am done with this conversation, tired of blowing holes in every single thing you say, have a good evening.

FYI - Cabin in the woods = pretty damn funny movie.

Ok, back to the original post and topic since we seem to have gotten off topic. I applied for my University career site & I'm waiting to see if they select need to interview based on my resume, which has*2 years of management experience, having a MBA obtained this year, BS obtained in 2009. I also have some campus leadership experience. Just based I'm what i have seen it seems like MOST etl's haven't actually been supervisors or managers before so i am worried that i won't get selected to interview. I also would want to negotiate above 50k... Since I'm Making more than that now...

Do you mind if I ask you WHY would you want to work for Target?

Do you mind if I ask you WHY would you want to work for Target?

I know an etl who claims to make 6 figures and I have a lot of student loan debt! Plus I hear its a good company to work for.... Of course from the etl who claims to makes 6 figures...

Did she also tell you she gets a referral fee if you get hired?
I forget the details (bonus amt) but you have to last for a certain length of time.
Annie or ETLs, got your ears on?

Did she also tell you she gets a referral fee if you get hired?
I forget the details (bonus amt) but you have to last for a certain length of time.
Annie or ETLs, got your ears on?

No she didn't tell me that. Would she need to refer me in the system?

I know an etl who claims to make 6 figures and I have a lot of student loan debt! Plus I hear its a good company to work for.... Of course from the etl who claims to makes 6 figures...

There is no ETL that makes 6 figures. Let me say that again - there is no ETL in the entire company that makes six figures. At most, she is pulling in 50K. ETLs have pay caps just like TMs/TLs and everyone else. 6 figures is STL/DTL level pay. Target is not going to start a new hire ETL out making more than the DTL. Go over to your friend and ask her "So, how is it that you get paid more than her district manager?" Love to hear her answer.

I'm sure SR.ETLs make a pretty nice figure, probably close to that of an STL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back