Archived Does Target really hate overtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overtime is definitely frowned-upon, but a good STL knows when to spend it judiciously. We shoot for a strict no OT at all for most of the year so that the budget will support having a little during Q4.

Yea i was forced to leave at 530 with 10 batches of cafs left in the gun because i was hitting overtime. I was the only backroom team member till 7. I come in the next day and my team lead goes why did the 5 oclock cafs go red? My answer was ask the ETLS who missed them. He then told the STL you couldnt keep him till the cafs were done? Your breaking spots bank for a lousy half hour? The ETLs excuse was oh " they called me to the front " . And before i left i told him the batches were heavy. Always something at target jeeeez......

I've had 15 hours once. :) Best week ever. That was with my old STL, she said that I was one of two people in the store who's extra time was value-added and she didn't mind that I was working extra. I was also asked to stay late almost every day that week.

what are the punishments for going overtime? i went over by like 20 mins for the week recently, and my TL knows about it

My STL lets the team leads and seniors have up to 5 OT hours because he respects the value we add...great STL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back