Archived Does Target suck or do you just work at a bad store?

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Have any of you ever thought about this? I mean do you base your entire opinion on Target on the store you work at? Do you work at a good store or a bad one? I personally think I work at a bad store. I've worked with team members that transferred from other stores and they were just amazed and shocked by how different the store I work at is compared to their old stores. Pretty much every transferred team member that I've asked that has always said bad things about the store I work at. I don't know if it's the location of the store or just bad management. I mean I do work by a store where there is massive amount of construction on the highway by the store.

My store had good & bad days. Every store is run differently. I am going through fifth stl over the years. I do like fact being here on the forum, to find out that I am alone with store mgt issues.

My store has also had its share of good and bad times but I can't really base my opinion of a company based on one branch of many on the big tree because I know every store has a different culture. I have to say though wither it's a good day or a bad day with its amount of spotty problems (Pardon the pun) that I work with an awesome team and it makes bad days better and good days great :D

Last edited:
I find myself having to post over and over, 'every store is different'.
There are consistencies, some bad and some good.
But whenever I get someone chastising others for not knowing what they are talking about 70% of the time it's because they work in a totally different kind of store.

Which is sad, you'd think Spot would shoot for consistency across the board, a top of the line place to work for every TM.
Their hiring practices for ETLs pretty much makes this impossible and so the total crap shoot as to what kind of store you are going to walk into.

I think I work at a decent store - they are in transition with a new STL, and a nearby store closing. THat is changing some things I think.

As a guest, I have watched the store evolve from a place I would NEVER work, into one that I work at. I'm a watcher, and while others might be randomly talking - i'm always watching how "management" treats their employees and rating them on my "would I work here scale". The weekend our Best Buy opened I was in there and the operations manager found out what position I had held in CA - she offered me a job on the spot and wanted to know why I hadn't applied. I played the "i'm a SAHM" card now... but truth be told, I'd been in enough BBy's in the area to know I probably wasn't going to like working there. They finally seem to have a decent team there now - enough I will actually walk in there! (My team at the 2 stores I worked at in CA were in the top 10 in the nation consistently, I've worked with the best of the best... it makes it hard to work anywhere else!)

Overall our ETL team is mature - that might make a difference too.

But each store is a totally different breed unto itself.

Your ETLs make a huge difference and of course your STL sets the tone of how the store is being run. I agree with neversaynever that possibly more mature and experienced ETLs will make a difference. At my store we have all older mature ETLs and I consider we are a very good run store.

I think my store is fairly decent. I dunno if this is a good way of judging it or not, but back when I first started we would have a price check on the registers almost every fifteen minutes, and now, it's only like one or two a day.

I think Target is not that bad, just my store suuuuuuck so bad! :( Too many foot traffic, TMs, ETLs, and TLs... too many egos and drama all over the place. Leadership changed, but some stuff you can't change, because of its location.

I'm so excited for moving across country, and working in normal store.

i have a great store. the leaders are solid, invested and care about their work centers. i really enjoy my job and strive for continuous improvements. I strive to have the best looking backroom in the group. so yeah, it is all relative because a few STL's ago, the place sucked. big time. be patient. it will change in 18 months! lol

Bad store. Bottom 5? of the group. Mixture of not fudging numbers and having lazy TMs. The only thing I can think of is that we are the smallest store in my town so people apply to this one because they think it will be easier. BR score is really bad and that doesn't have much to do with sales except payroll of course.

br scores as in brla or overall? I never attempt to fudge numbers because it makes it impossible to find the root cause!!

br scores as in brla or overall? I never attempt to fudge numbers because it makes it impossible to find the root cause!!

Both. We've been red for a while. I think the one I looked at most recently was the overall because it was the ranking report.

I feel like it's my fault because I'm such a perfectionist and purposely look for ghosts and baffles by scanning all items in locations and toggling over to STO to see how many are back stocked in that location and pulling the amount that are actually there or 1 more than it asks for. I also use m-delete. I realize I'm hurting myself when it comes time for reviews, but TMs need to learn to compare UPCs and be able to tell the difference between similar items.

Both. We've been red for a while. I think the one I looked at most recently was the overall because it was the ranking report.

I feel like it's my fault because I'm such a perfectionist and purposely look for ghosts and baffles by scanning all items in locations and toggling over to STO to see how many are back stocked in that location and pulling the amount thou care, like me!hat are actually there or 1 more than it asks for. I also use m-delete. I realize I'm hurting myself when it comes time for reviews, but TMs need to learn to compare UPCs and be able to tell the difference between similar items.

You care, like me!

We were a top-ranked store when I started yrs ago but it's been a steady decline because of all the AE changes.
Much like the company, it once was good but not so much any more :(
I haven't lost my drive - just my pride.

I will be honest my stored rocked 3 years ago but then it started declining. I do not know if it is the lack of people not caring who knows but it is getting worse and it isn't just me that says this it is other TMS who say the same thing.

I think my store is like the bad corner for the incompetent execs from the very high volume stores that are in the area. The good ones get transferred to those and we get what comes back and they hang out in the office all day and walk around holding Starbucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back