Archived does your aps talk to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, my aps doesn't talk to anyone at the store aside from huddles and to the other tms when on duty. aside from that he seems pretty reserved and hardly talks to anyone like other tms do. i know theyre job is to be secretive and is totally different from any other tm/tl job at spot, so i was wondering is the aps at anyone else's store as reserved as mines?

Mine is pretty much another ETL. Has LOD shifts, runs huddles, takes care of normal day to day operations.

The APS we had rotated throughout the district. She never socialized with tm's outside of AP. Which is fine. She's there to be as incognito as possible. In fact, most tm's didn't even know she worked for us.

Mine is pretty much another ETL. Has LOD shifts, runs huddles, takes care of normal day to day operations.

Is he an aps or aptl? Sounds like the latter.

Anyways unlike a TPS they are not in uniform so if they are being overly social on the floor they aren't doing their job. We are a level 6 risk store so we have two, both are hilarious and friendly off stage but there is nothing worse then when they are following someone and some tm yells "Hey APS what are you up to?"

I go to huddles when they are held in the back room (or offstage), especially when I'm traveling to other stores where the people wouldn't know me.

But when I'm on the floor I want to be treated just like a guest. Ask me if I need help finding anything. If I don't see the workers asking me, I question if they are asking other people. That is actually pretty big to me and I'll bring it up at the huddles. Active guest servicing customers helps deter a lot of theft.

Other than that I can't be too friendly to blow my cover. Don't address me by name either. I will ignore you.

Last edited:
I just wink at them when they stroll by.

Low volume store too, Our APTL is extremely friendly both on and off-stage. There is times where he'll not acknowledge us but that's only when he's watching someone, but when he's at huddle or just walking around with the LOD he'll nod to us and ask us how our day is going and etc.

I've had a couple of apprehensions ruined because TMs would say something loudly to me or comment on how they'd see me watching people. Probably the most annoying thing. Some APTMs are pretty removed from the regular retail culture and I think that's okay. Not many people talk to our current APS and he prefers it that way and it just makes life easier.

Ours chats TMs up & is very friendly because he can get people to let their guard down without realizing it.
Helps him pick up a bit of internal info.

Our resident APS operator is extremely nice and outgoing offstage, but you DO NOT talk to him on the floor when he's undercover, ever.

Nearly every AP I've worked with has been a social butterfly. I assumed that was the case because they had to monitor TM theft as well.
Lower volume store here so we only have an APTL, but she's pretty nice and at least says hello to most. But she's goth and I'm a skeleton as well as was also a goth when I was alive, so we get on just fine.

Niiiice, female goth AP.

Our APS does talk to us during break room time or sometimes even when it's not that busy. Sometimes, once I had to pretend I was helping him as a guest because there was someone suspicious at Service desk, so i was pretending that he was doing a payment and that the computer was taking so long. Made me feel so funny, but It all worked out.

Our APS talks mostly to ETLs, TLs, and the AP team (of course).

The general rule for all other team members is that you don't approach him; he approaches you if he wants to talk. It's too easy to ruin an apprehension if random team members are yelling "WHY HELLO!" at him while he's on the floor.

aps is v friendly and approaches us to chat

also likes to tease me about my crush on tps

we dont really talk to him unless spoken to cos he could be doin a thing

but he also does stuff like help tps and etl ap set up displays in plain clothes so ??????????

You mean the undercover?
Our actual security is friendly to everyone.

Is he an aps or aptl? Sounds like the latter.

Anyways unlike a TPS they are not in uniform so if they are being overly social on the floor they aren't doing their job. We are a level 6 risk store so we have two, both are hilarious and friendly off stage but there is nothing worse then when they are following someone and some tm yells "Hey APS what are you up to?"

Depending on how there acting ( walking normal or ninja mode) I'll say hi or keep on walking.

Is undercover still a thing? Maybe it's cause I only work mornings but I haven't seen undercover in like 2 years. Our APTL is never on the floor, just in his office all day.

AP is in street clothes and I'll nod and say hi as he walks past, same as I would for any guest. And he'll come to us periodically to let us know if there's something in particular to watch for based on calls from other nearby stores (including non-Target stores in our shopping center) or something he's seen. TPS is in a jacket and usually at the exit. I'll chat with her periodically if I'm close by and the front end is quiet.

Depends. If he's in street clothes, he's likely "under cover" and so I don't talk to him like he's a TM but I'll acknowledge him like he's a guest. He's sort of reserved anyway, but there have been times that we've had actual conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back