Archived Does your paid minutes start if you clock in 5 mins early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I start at 4am, but I always punch in 5 minutes early like 3:55am, I'm just thinking of just adding up more minutes to my hours and also just wondering if I can do this and if there's a risk of being writen up for it?

Yes, your paid time starts when you clock in. Since the timeclocks allow you to clock in 5 minutes before the start of your scheduled shift, that's when your paid time would start.

Clocking in 5 minutes early doesn't flag on the attendance report as an early in so you shouldn't get written up for it. Clocking in more than 5 minutes early would be a problem.

Yep, you're paid for every minute you are clocked in. The time clock won't let you punch in more than 5 minutes early, though.

If your store is trying to cut back on hours, doing this will get all of the etl's/tl's on you about staying past your shift. I generally have 40 hours a week so I get told almost every day to cut 2 minutes here or 4 minutes there so that I don't get overtime.

I always clock in 5 minutes early because at my store you need to go through the backroom and downstairs to get to TSC, so I allow myself a few extra minutes to get equipment so I'm on the salesfloor when my shift is supposed to start. Also, I get paid a little extra :cool:

Most TLs and ETLs would view it as a positive thing if you want to get to work early.

I usually do it every day so that by Saturday afternoon, I get to leave about 30 minutes early to avoid overtime.

I clock in 5 minutes early every shift just to get the extra time. I'm a cashier, so it's easy to stay a few minutes late too. Few minutes here, few there makes it easy to pick up an extra 2 hours every month. I'm already there, so may as well pick up a few extra bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back