Archived Does your store have a camera TV at the front of the store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store used to have a camera TV by the front entrance where the shopping carts were where people could see themselves on camera. They just recently however took it out.

Not anymore. Target make profit on theif if they got b-u-s-t-e-d.

It's trashy of a place to have that kind of equipment. I always think less of stores that have visible CC TV.

They're called public view cameras. Just like at the fitting room. Let's people know right when they walk in they are being watched.

Why they would take it out I have no idea. Maybe it's the direction Target is going in.

Does everyone else have them in electronics and entertainment too?

We used to but they went down and target won't fix them because they are not mandatory PVs or w/e so they're in domes now

We do only at the fitting room at our store. AP told me that every time they call when I'm operator, they see me look at the caller ID and then up at the TV. LOL.

oyrIHeR.gif

Ours has one at Guest Service and the fitting room. The camera quality of both sucks compared to our normal cameras, though.

Like @On6 said.. their called Public View Monitors, and they are made by Checkpoint. It's just a modified LCD Screen with a Camera built in, or a camera mounted below and plugged into the back.

Placement can be random depending on type of store (GM, Super, Greatland, etc) but.. most will have them atleast near the fitting room and entrance and maybe Guest Service. Then the chosen few might have additional monitors over certain aisles in Pharmacy, Cosmetics, Sporting Goods, Electronics & MMB, and additional entrances/exits (such as Fire Doors, TM Entrances, Former Garden Center exits and so on.)

Depending on placement, they can provide pretty decent face shots ;)

I've seen a few stores with them in entertainment but also felt they looked odd there, not really fitting with the feel of the store otherwise.

My store may have one by the fitting room, I'm not even sure, but definitely nowhere else.

We have one at the entrance, and it looks like it's from 1996. For some reason, the video is way over exposed and grainy. The ones in GS and FR are normal though.

We have a quite a few actually. Personal favorite is the new crystal clear HD LCD panel we have at guest service that uses multiple camera shots and merges it together to provide full coverage. I've started referring our more sticky fingered and fraud 'guests' to what a nice picture we have of them.

We have a quite a few actually. Personal favorite is the new crystal clear HD LCD panel we have at guest service that uses multiple camera shots and merges it together to provide full coverage. I've started referring our more sticky fingered and fraud 'guests' to what a nice picture we have of them.
You should take a page out of Disney'sbook and start selling guests their pictures. Make it a requirement for no-receipt returns, "Oh, no receipt? OK, you can make the return as long as you buy this 7 x 11 photo print and mug set for what happens to be the price if the item you're returning."

We have one at the entrance, and it looks like it's from 1996.
For some reason, Target doesn't replace them during remodels, or conversions in AP. So.. if your store is old you'll have a really old monitor, sometimes with the old carpeting & interior scheme burned into the screen.

Occasionally, the locations of Monitors are left untouched in remodels. So.. some stores have the weirdest locations for them. Like, there's one store in my area with a monitor overlooking the Party Supplies, with another mounted nearby over Home & School Supplies. As if someone is really going to steal wrapping paper & notebooks :p

We have one at the entrance, and it looks like it's from 1996. For some reason, the video is way over exposed and grainy. The ones in GS and FR are normal though.

The public view monitor we used to have at the entrance was a pretty old box type TV.

We had them until we went through our remodel...which has been over 10 years ago.

We have one at the service desk and the fitting room. I can't remember whether or not we still have one at the entrance.

My previous store had one of the old CRT style ones on the receiving line (it didn't have as good as a view as the pinhole camera hidden in the steel ;v ). When I was first learning the ways of the crown, I nearly knocked it down..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back