Archived Does your store have an extensive outdoors/Fishing section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTGOz

Suitable
My store's outdoors section is basically a bunch of coolers and thermos' and camp gear and like 2 fishing rod combos. Takes up maybe 4 aisles outside of grills.

Never seen a store with an extensive fishing section, so I have no idea if they exist... do they?

I feel like our sporting goods section is comprised entirely of coolers and heavy-ass air mattresses. A little piece of my soul dies when I'm pulling SPRT and it takes me to a freaking air mattress.

Our fishing/camping section only takes up a single aisle, but I feel like they packed quite a bit in there. I'm never over there though, so I might be remembering it wrong. That being said, I've never backstocked or pulled a fishing pole. I've never even seen one in the backroom...so heck...we might not even sell them :rolleyes: I'm suddenly really shocked that I don't know my store as well as I thought I did. I could have sworn I've seen them on the floor, but never in the back. Definitely going over to that aisle next time I'm in my store!

In Jersey they had the kids fishing rigs that were sealed in the packages but they were seasonal and there really wasn't much for grownups.
Here in AK they have a better assortment but they also seem to sell snow shovels/salt for a lot longer then other stores.

We ran out of salt at the end of March and people were getting upset.

Salt? Like, road salt? I didn't know Target sold that. I've never seen it.
Then again, I do live an hour and a half from San Francisco, and we haven't had snow stick to the ground since 1915.
Anyway, we have two aisles dedicated to camping supplies, including the 4 fishing rod combos.

We have like one aisle for that? It's hardly necessary though. We have a Bass Pro Shops like five minutes away from us. We do have a lot of campfire cooking supplies though, quite surprisingly.

My store's outdoors section is basically a bunch of coolers and thermos' and camp gear and like 2 fishing rod combos. Takes up maybe 4 aisles outside of grills.

Never seen a store with an extensive fishing section, so I have no idea if they exist... do they?
We used to have a big selection of fishing stuff before our major remodel over 15 years ago. Now we have a very little selection. Several team leads did mention this during our localization survey last year. Stil have an okay section of tents and camping gear, although that used to be bigger too. Used set up a booth in partnership with a local radio station at an outdoor show and even had vendors that would donate items to be given away (soda, coolers, tents, sleeping bags, flashlights, and so no). We quit doing that serval years back (too for me to remember).

Pretty much just air mattresses, a small selection of camping gear, fitness basics, and sports balls/accessories/other paraphernalia.

Same here...it's really helpful when shovels and all cold weather gear clearances in February! "Yes I know it's snowing and it's May, but would you like to buy some swim goggles?"

Our winter weather is often the worst in February. We get single digit temps and occasionally even negatives, but we don't have any fucking rock salt because logic.

Maybe buying a cute new 2-piece and pretending it's summer will melt the snow and ice and make my driveway safer.

No fishing and golf clubs left around the same time 3 years ago.

Man, I forgot we used to carry golf clubs. Now I'm having flashbacks to when I zoned E block (toys/sporting goods/auto) for the first time about 5ish years ago.

Our winter weather is often the worst in February. We get single digit temps and occasionally even negatives, but we don't have any fucking rock salt because logic.
You too? Our winter is the worst from January to March and last February we had such a bad snowstorm that the store closed for a day because nobody could make it to work.
Oh no we are out of driveway salt and snow shovels and fire logs but here have some sappy ass Valentines Day gifts and sundresses instead that'll help much more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back