Does your store sell PRIDE wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is MLP and bronie? Thanks!

Haha, sorry bout that. Yea, what they said. There are two documentaries on their culture on Netflix. A brony tale (haven't seen it yet) and Bronies (saw/enjoyed)

The pride stuff is only being sold at 100 select stores. How do they select them? Who knows...

If you're going to have proceeds go to pro gay charities then what about having proceeds go to the earthquake victims in Nepal or poor people in America or citizens of Detroit?

If you're going to have proceeds go to pro gay charities then what about having proceeds go to the earthquake victims in Nepal or poor people in America or citizens of Detroit?

I don't see anything about money going to any charities.
Pretty sure this is just Spots way of making a few bucks by looking tolerant (not that there's anything wrong with that).
For that matter, if I want to give a few bucks to Miley to help out trans kids who are living on the streets because their fucked up parents threw them out why does that mean that I can't also give to Nepal?

https://www.facebook.com/HappyHippieFoundation

Last edited:
I thought "pride" was a pro gay awareness charity. I would think that earthquake victims in Nepal would need the money more considering they lost everything in an earthquake.

2w4mf13.jpg

That's the apparel. Looks cheaply made. But it's Target so expectations should be low.

I thought "pride" was a pro gay awareness charity. I would think that earthquake victims in Nepal would need the money more considering they lost everything in an earthquake.
Why do you think we can only support one? And why does supporting one mean we cannot support the other? Do we require Target to do so?

edit: Pride isn't even a charity...might want to do some reading before you consider even commenting about these things.

The FEED campaign last year fed kids in the states. Your store probably does volunteer events, and they may even take suggestions if something you care about comes up (my store does, at least). Also united way, the donations to schools through redcard use, plus target is partnered with Feeding America (an actual organization that... Feeds America), and they do some other education grant junk, school and library renovations, etc.

Target isn't even shy about much of the actual charitable stuff they do. There's a webpage about it somewhere.

We're all very capable of caring for more than one issue at once.

I have the signing for pride but no product so I'll be tossing the signing on Saturday.
We all get this signing but yet they no longer include ISM in the VA's? Let's refocus the attention to ALL signing, please Target

The FEED campaign last year fed kids in the states. Your store probably does volunteer events, and they may even take suggestions if something you care about comes up (my store does, at least). Also united way, the donations to schools through redcard use, plus target is partnered with Feeding America (an actual organization that... Feeds America), and they do some other education grant junk, school and library renovations, etc.

Target isn't even shy about much of the actual charitable stuff they do. There's a webpage about it somewhere.

We're all very capable of caring for more than one issue at once.

I bought the green bag shown here:

jA_shopSlide42.jpg

Still using it. Nicely made.

Target corp leadership donated to a Tom Emmit PAC because he was running for office & pro-business.
He was also anti-gay & stores were inundated by angry guests protesting by either cutting up their red cards to returning recent purchases to harassing store TMs.
Fun times.

Anyone see a list of the 89 stores that are getting it?

I've never heard or seen any anti-gay behavior at the store that I work at. You will get fired for that shit. Besides, why do you want drama? You can agree or disagree with it but drama is on TNT. For the record, when it comes to research I only do it if it's something that interests me or something that I'm curious about.

Because I can. And this is America. Differing opinions exist. If a person can't handle disagreement then I feel sorry for that person because they will never be able to deal with adversity.

Because I can. And this is America. Differing opinions exist. If a person can't handle disagreement then I feel sorry for that person because they will never be able to deal with adversity.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison

I can handle disagreement.
I have issues with people who disagree and don't know what they are talking about.

I stand by what I said.

For the record, I thought this was about clothes that are being sold at Target stores that have the word "pride" on them in reference to gay pride. I guess I was wrong. :rolleyes:

In the home market of Minneapolis/St. Paul they certainly do, and are a big corporate sponsor of the annual Twin Cities Pride festival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back