Does your store sell PRIDE wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious really.

I never thought about it much. But today I was shopping at a Target in the center of my city. Breezing by Men's soft-lines I saw tees and tanks adorned with gay pride graphics, etc...

Thinking about it more, I have never seen these items at the store I work in (suburbs)

Do they pick and choose which stores to sell gay pride items? For example, I live in the sunbelt so we don't sell ski pants and snow boots like they do in Montana. But you can get a swimsuit year round.
I get that might be a pick and choose. (based on Geography)

But do they cower when it comes to things like Gay Pride tee shirts? Afraid the suburbs will be offended or something?

Genuinely curious, that's all.

My store is in the south so...not as of yet and if it does I see a major shit storm coming. I mean one of my best friends is gay so it doesn't bother me at all and I'd be happy if we got it in our store. I hope we do.

Is it this stuff? You can see what stores have it. My store shows a few in stock but the majority of stores show "out of stock." None say unavailable.

Is it this stuff? You can see what stores have it. My store shows a few in stock but the majority of stores show "out of stock." None say unavailable.

Yes, it is.

I'm quite amused now. I live near a large city in the south. I searched a few of the items. They universally are in the city stores, and out of stock in the suburbs. Except 1 suburb location seems to carry it all. Knowing the area well, it's a head scratcher why they picked that one suburb location to be in stock. It's as plain vanilla as the rest of the suburban neighborhoods.

Sarcasm in all caps? Anyways, you can't do solicitation at Target. If you can't have the salvation army at target then there won't be any gay recruiters.

As it gets closer to June (National LGBT Pride month and the month most cities hold their Pride festivities) you may see more.
Doubt I'll see any at my store but it'd be sort of nice if they did. But the more and more commericalized I see Pride getting the more I fear people will forget the origins of it.
Stonewall was a police riot.

Yes, it is.

I'm quite amused now. I live near a large city in the south. I searched a few of the items. They universally are in the city stores, and out of stock in the suburbs. Except 1 suburb location seems to carry it all. Knowing the area well, it's a head scratcher why they picked that one suburb location to be in stock. It's as plain vanilla as the rest of the suburban neighborhoods.
ETL or Stl is probably gay they demanded the stuff be sold at their store.

We don't have it, but last year a couple TMs got the pride T from bullseye shop.

We did have MLP stuff for the bronies a while back. People are more confused by that than I think they'd be about pride stuff lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back