Archived Dollar General Pampers Diaper Price Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going to pick up reshop and getting carts full of diapers from people who changed their mind after the disappointment.

You can void the gift card promotion during the transaction. Just void out the line after you scan the gift card. They gift card will come up as never sold

I know it's possible in POS, but it goes against best practice. Best practice is that we give them the gift card from our sale and refuse the price match.

Agreed, but if you have to "Be Bold" and all that jazz, that's away around it

I generally say, "Target offers Price Matching to our guests so that if our competitors are offering a particular item at a better price than us, the guests can make a single shopping trip to their Target store. Since you cannot go to Dollar General and purchase this quantity of diaper there for the price you are asking (since they do not carry it) then we have nothing to match." or something to that effect. If they continue to be pushy I just tell them they are more than welcome to purchase diapers for 9.99 at Target, but they are already priced at that level and it is already matched on the shelf with Dollar General for those quantities.

According to my store, Target does not price match FD at all. But it sounds like some stores are doing it ... sort of. Sometimes it seems like the only thing consistent about Target's store policies is inconsistency.

I'm sure there are probably a hundred couponing websites out there telling everyone to go to Target and rack up on diapers by price matching FD and then using coupons and getting the free gift cards to boot! Not happening on my watch.

I follow a bunch of coupon websites (some of them are my clients) and the only thing I've seen posted is a warning that Target and Walmart will not price match because the DG ad doesn't list a specific size.

I bet there are a ton of posts about this on Instagram though. Seems to be the place where people share deals that are against policy and/or using the wrong coupons.

I did a google search, and it seems people are pretty split 50/50 as to whether or not to attempt this.

The part that really bothers me is that the diapers are apparently on gift card right now, and we NEVER price match with a gift card promo! So that tosses out the price match right there! Who are these GSTMs letting this go through?! And why do they insist on doing this and making my life more difficult when their friends try to come to my store!

I had a guest call asking if we priced match dollar general the other day. I didn't think anything of it, but this is probably why. I just told them we didn't.

I have had two guests try this on me on my latest shift Thursday night. The first couple responded politely and even *shocker* put the diapers back on the shelf. The second group of people did not however. I saw them coming up and knew it was gonna go down. They came up and asked and I told them unfortunately we're not because of all the reasons we've all discussed in this thread and boy were they pissed. Called the GSTL over just for her to get told the same information twice and then proceeded to say these things:

"That's false advertisement"

"We drove miles to get here"

"I am never shopping here again"

"Another Target did it for us"

And then left their cart of 5 or so boxes at Guest Service. Good riddance is all I have to say!

Sometimes when I get, "They let me do this before!" or "I did this at the other Spot!" I get a stricken look on my face and quietly say something like, "Oh dear! I hope they didn't get in trouble!" Then I just look at the guest like I am just so worried.
This is probably the best reaction I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back