Archived DPCI for a 999/Unidentified sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I hit Go on my phone and Im on mobile so can't edit. A 999 sale is any item that's price is changed during the POS like guest price challenge ect ect and the dpci gets changed to a certain one...anyone know what it is?

its like 999 09 9999 or something, I forget exactly. Definitely all 9s and 0s though.

You can ring up a No Barcode item on any POS terminal and it will show the DPCI.

Thanks Ill have somebody do that for me today ^_^

It's used when there's no way to determine the DPCI but its use is supposed to be limited to low $$ amts.
Had a guy try to return an obviously used TV with a "999" receipt from another store. Our ETL said he'd have to take it back to the store of purchase.

I know it used to be 099-09-0999. As I no longer work at Target, I'm not in a position to check for you ;)

We are no longer allowed to use that, as it shows up on and adversely affects Shortage Indicator. Every night, the closing TL and ETL pulled up the POS Report checking for No Barcode sales, and if found, the TM who used it is coached his/her next shift. We HAVE to find a corresponding DPCI or that item for it to be rung up.

What we did for a while was to tie it to the dept (ie: infants 033-00-9999) so the dept sales weren't impacted & it gave a dept ID to the item if it had to be returned.
Again, it was ONLY for low $$ items.

The POS wont allow you to do "no barcodes" for anything over $19.99 anymore. Interesting how he managed that with a television.

We are no longer allowed to use that, as it shows up on and adversely affects Shortage Indicator. Every night, the closing TL and ETL pulled up the POS Report checking for No Barcode sales, and if found, the TM who used it is coached his/her next shift. We HAVE to find a corresponding DPCI or that item for it to be rung up.

Not quite. There is a No Barcode option on the registers that will apply a generic barcode but it's becoming more and more frowned upon to use it. So avoid it if you can. PricingMaster, your store may be choosing not to use it at all but the option hasn't gone away. Not using No Barcode for items over $19.99 has been a long standing thing. An override for higher amounts is possible but I would never, ever do it. I even recently told an ETL that there was no possible way to ring an item over the limit without a DPCI because he asked me about a possible override option and I didn't think he needed know about it (sometimes you just gotta save your ETLs from their own bad ideas).

I know that the option still exists, however we are not allowed to use it due to the fact that it affects Unidentified Sales which affects Shortage Indicator.

I know that the option still exists, however we are not allowed to use it due to the fact that it affects Unidentified Sales which affects Shortage Indicator.
My store is not allowed to do 999 either. We got in trouble for using it too much. Now we HAVE to have a DPCI for everything regardless of price :/

The POS wont allow you to do "no barcodes" for anything over $19.99 anymore. Interesting how he managed that with a television.
It was a couple yrs ago (& I left the front end nearly a yr ago).
Using a dept & sku (9999 for the item #) used to let you apply it to items over $20 but was frowned upon.
Just because you COULD do it doesn't mean you SHOULD.
AP used to go through & see which cashiers were using it too freely & would coach them.

It was a couple yrs ago (& I left the front end nearly a yr ago).
Using a dept & sku (9999 for the item #) used to let you apply it to items over $20 but was frowned upon.
Just because you COULD do it doesn't mean you SHOULD.
AP used to go through & see which cashiers were using it too freely & would coach them.

We might start doing this. Cashiers getting a lil outta hand lol.

When a certain TL at my store was a new GSTL, she used 9999 instead of K3 for No Barcode, and even though the amount was small, it required an override.

No Barcode is one of those "empowerment tools" that cashiers can use to resolve small discrepancies but they shouldn't overuse it, as accuracy takes a hit. I very rarely use No Barcode for anything that's not from One Spot.

We had a HUGE problem with things coming up as 'merchandise' now no one is allowed to hit k3 at all in my store. I actually had a team member who I had previously spoken to about hitting k3 hit k3 while I was standing right in front of him as opposed to walking to see spot and picking up the same item or asking me to get it. Drives me insane...when confronted his words were, "I didn't know you were looking"

We're now focusing on using "no barcode" only on items for $5.00 or less. Anything over and we must get the GSTL or GSA to get a DPCI.

We have teacher's planners in one spot, that I had been selling all of August, suddenly come up as "do not sell before 9/7". Baloney. So they have to be put in without a barcode to get around that.

We have teacher's planners in one spot, that I had been selling all of August, suddenly come up as "do not sell before 9/7". Baloney. So they have to be put in without a barcode to get around that.

Enjoy your POS "Unidentified Sales" shortage indicator being RED. APBPs get really pissed off over things like this. Instead of 999ing it, mysupport it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back