Archived Drinks on the Floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your guys stores allow you to bring drinks on the floor? Our says it s a "safety' issue...but the guest can walk around with their Starbucks....o_O

I'm a cashier and I keep a bottle of water with me all the time. I don't put it directly by the register and only drink it when I have no guests but if I don't have it I feel lost

No, we aren't allowed to have drinks on the floor. When I'm operator, I almost always have a bottle of water tucked away somewhere on the desk and when I'm on the floor, I go get a drink from the fountain whenever I need to. No comments either way from anyone on my behavior. If anyone were to try and tell me not to have water in the fitting room, I'd ask them if they wanted me to pull someone off the floor to watch the phones while I got a drink from the fountain. We don't have enough people for that crap.

We were told it's "not brand" to have beverages on the floor. Technically, the cashiers aren't supposed to either, but the GSTLs don't really enforce it because they know no one cares.

We've been told it's a Steritech violation for us to have drinks and personal water bottles, mugs, etc on the floor or in the backroom, but its something that only ever gets (briefly) enforced if it gets brought up in a visit. Our flow TL passes out bottles of water to the truck team after the unload is done, and sometimes the closing LOD will requisition drinks for the team after the store closes. So it doesn't really get enforced at all.

Cashiers at my store used to have water bottles at their registers, but all of a sudden the ETLs and TLs took a hard line (no pun intended) on it and disallowed it. We had 3 cashiers quit that week, for that reason.

If I wanted to, I could probably get around this issue. My TLs and ETLs are enough of group of pushovers that I could tell them I have epilepsy (which is not a joke, I really do have "primarily generalized epilepsy," according to my neurologist) and insist that I be allowed to carry a drink on the floor. All I would have to tell them is that low blood sugar/fatigue is one of my seizure triggers, and they probably wouldn't push the issue.

The back room TL at my store said water is ok, especially during summer months when the back room gets rather warm. Still, I find empty gatorade and soda bottles on a regular basis, mainly from overnight team members who can't seem to find the trash can. As crazy as the back room gets sometimes, I don't think anyone will say anything about me having my water bottle back there. Especially if the alternative is me heading to the fountain after each heavy round of pulls.

As another epileptic, I used to keep a bottle on my signing cart and they never bothered me about it.
I was also careful not to push it and drink on the floor when the store was busy.

Flow TL and ETL passes out water all the time when the truck is finished from the frezzer. We bring the rest to the backroom when were done.

I'd quit if told I wasn't allowed to carry a drink with me. I can kinda understand not in softlines, but in Hardlines and the Backroom, we gotta.

It's tacky and possibly a safey issue but at the same time, you have to have water. Target can't deny you basic human needs water, a break, and going to the restroom.

Water in a bottle only, which I like to remind my etls when they're strolling around with coffee. When the stores stop being ten thousand degrees, then they can tell me I can't have it.

I usually keep a bottle of water tucked somewhere in the electronics boat. As long as it's in a bottle where it can't spill everywhere my leadership usually doesn't seem to care. We're only usually reminded to "not have our drinks out on the floor" when Stertech is in the area.

I carry a bottle of water all the time. Because its hotter then hell in the store i work in. The AC is turned off over night and does come back on till the store opens. By the time the store cools off from the 100 degree weather its time to turn it back off. If not i will walk to get a drink every 30mins or so. Just to stay hydrated.

Why is the temperature so uneven in the stores? The softlines half of our store is always so hot. The worst area is by the fitting room. Guests complain every day.

At our store they gave the backroom team and flow water because it would get to be 90 F in the back.
I don't know why the floor was always nice and cool, but when you walked through the doors to the back even the break room the temperature and humidity would soar.

We complained about it every year.
They would fix it and it would be good for a while then get nasty again.

Why is the temperature so uneven in the stores? The softlines half of our store is always so hot. The worst area is by the fitting room. Guests complain every day.

Does your store have perishable foods? Are they at the opposite end of the store from softlines?

At my store, the only area of the floor that's even remotely bearable is P-Fresh. Electronics and the front end are the hottest because of the TVs and registers producing heat and the front doors. The backroom tends to vary, and the TM areas like the TSC and break room are generally decent.

When some of my fellow tm's are back stocking in the freezer, I will pop in for a minute to cool down.

Most of our cashiers will have a closable water bottle behind their checklane, same with the FR-operator and guest service TM. Nobody minds because when you have to talk nonstop for 8 hours, your throat can get dry real fast.

No drinks on the floor and if the ETLS catch you at my store you will get a coach. However you are free to get a drink at the water fountain or on your break. The ETLS understand it is hot but they do not want TMs drinking on the floor ( their words) unless it is overnight when guests are not present. Yep that also goes for cashiers and food avenue as well.

Does your guys stores allow you to bring drinks on the floor? Our says it s a "safety' issue...but the guest can walk around with their Starbucks....o_O
We can have water, as it is in a container with a lid that prevents it from being spilled. Good think they let us have that, as in order to get AC turned the SFT has to call FMOC to let them know that guests are complaining about the heat.

Unless you have a note or a reasonable cause for example I have anxiety attacks - cold water helps me. I'll let my lod know and it's only happened a handful of times where I carry water for it. I also am on a lot of meds to function so having sugar around is good for low blood pressure and other things. I have a note for having water but I don't have time and space to carry it on me or to keep watch so it stays on the desk. I don't allow drinks at my boat in e & e since the great fermented coffee fiasco of 14. :) plus it is a steritech violation that is not worth a yellow or red score over.

Just get a note. It's not hard. A Dr is or rather should be willing to write a simple note to carry water at your station. If your store gets a bad note on it, it can be spoken to. Cover your butt and your teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back