Archived Drinks on the Floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the GSAs at my store has gotten permission to requisition Starbucks drinks for cashiers who get a certain amount of Red Cards. We're doing amazing on Red Cards now.

I've been tempted to go to battle over this with the GSA's they have Starbuck's, I have PFresh, pick anything its yours. You want a whole raw chicken? have at it.

I think it would take the pressure off of me specifically, to get a red card.

Last edited:
As a barista, I have to admit it's really annoying when GSAs do this.
At my store, as I'm working alone with a line of guests, the GSA will come behind the counter and try to ring up what the cashier wants and expects me to make it right then and there.
Yeah...no. I'm one barista ringing and making drinks, and it's a damn red card. Calm down. The cashier can wait until my line is over.
Sorry for that rant.

Wow...no...

At my store the cashier gets it at their next break, lunch, or when they clock out. And they have to wait in line like every other person. And then we'll go over later to requisition it if the SBTL wasn't there to do it.

They've started that at my store & it's annoying as hell when a cashier comes up waving a card for a free drink while I've got a line.
Eh, no......get in line.

I never knew there was a rule. If always taken a water bottle. I was on meds that dehydrated me when I started, and I'm just bad at keeping up with hydration in general. I carry water everywhere to force myself to drink it. Either way, though, it doesn't make sense to not allow water.

My store is actually pretty lax, though. On occasion, I'll have a soda or juice with me, or my food ave cup (cheaper thn buying a soda plus free refill)

As a barista, I have to admit it's really annoying when GSAs do this.
At my store, as I'm working alone with a line of guests, the GSA will come behind the counter and try to ring up what the cashier wants and expects me to make it right then and there.
Yeah...no. I'm one barista ringing and making drinks, and it's a damn red card. Calm down. The cashier can wait until my line is over.
Sorry for that rant.

Wow...no...

At my store the cashier gets it at their next break, lunch, or when they clock out. And they have to wait in line like every other person. And then we'll go over later to requisition it if the SBTL wasn't there to do it.

Same as mine, except at my store only the LOD is allowed to requisition anything other than HR supplies that the HRTM will handle. So they'll go on break/lunch/clock out, I'll call the LOD up and ask them to requisition it. I certainly wouldn't expect them to jump the line or get it made immediately in front of guests...

I prefer to come in drunk or use a flash, personally. Far more efficient and subtle.

The problem with coming in drunk is that it wears off and close to the end of your shift, when you really need it, you're sober.
A consistent maintenance approach seems to be the better way to go, that way they assume you're always like that.

Last edited:
I prefer to come in drunk or use a flash, personally. Far more efficient and subtle.
Did you mean a 'flask' or is there something new to hold liquor? ;)

The flash is the new thing all the kids use.
Sugar bottles that have dehydrated booze in them, just add water, shake and eat the bottle when you're done.
Easy to hide, gone in a flash.

I have so got to find someone to actually make these.

Im 8 months pregnant and ive had a drink with me ever since i found out! I work at the service desk now and i constantly have starbucks with me. My gstl hates me so i dont drink around her but my stl etl and my gsa's have no issue with me having drinks and food. I hide it and only eat/ drink when inhave no guests. Still working on having a chair to sit on since im the size of a house and my legs cant take it anymore. Lol

We can have drinks in pharmacy, as long as they're kept "off stage" and in a clear cup. And the "clear cup" thing is HUGE at my store....like we could actually hide anything in an opaque cup with all the friggin cameras!! I was coached by the ETL-AP for having a reusable Starbucks cup & walking out of the pharmacy with it....empty....with the lid off. I told him he should go back and "coach" my ETL because she was using the same cup. He declined ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back