Drive up returns

DBZ

They are being piloted in some places already, I believe. What are you doing to help you with this? We will be starting this soon. I don't know if it is a nationwide rollout or just an expansion of the pilot.

They are being piloted in some places already, I believe. What are you doing to help you with this? We will be starting this soon. I don't know if it is a nationwide rollout or just an expansion of the pilot.
it’s nationwide. it’s not as much as you’d think.

i think it’s like ~<10% of DUs are DUR or DUSBUX

If you’ve ever done a drive up or pick order, look at your past orders in the app you’ll be surprised at how little you can return. When I looked at my last order there was only 2 items eligible for drive up return.

We've been doing it. It hasn't been a big deal. We start Starbucks drive up in July. That might be a different animal.

We're testing this for TM's at the moment. My SD did a bunch of DU returns so we could get a feel for it. Seems pretty straightforward. Everyone thinks it's going to be some giant pain in the ass we have to constantly fight with, just like they did with Starbucks DU. And just like Starbucks, it'll probably end up being not that big of a deal. At least until more people realize they can do it, and we start getting Cat & Jack trash bags coming back through DU.

As an aside, my SD wasn't able to select DU for several things we thought she should have been able to. One was a bath rug, the other was a pair of All in Motion pants. I know that food, bulky, ESIM and Target+ items are excluded from DU returns, but these didn't fit any of those categories. Not sure what was up with that. She could select In Store Return no problem though.

They also need to do something with all the people bringing in bags of used Cat and Jack (and other target brands but especially those) and not let those start to get processed at drive up.
Thought drive up returns have to be simple. Apparel at all might need RFID tags not just a simple rewrap sticker. Not a single, 349 day Cat and Jack, had a tag attached. Had to have help reading the dang tiny tag for the dpci on over 20 items. Burning headache afterwards.

Our first 1 was furniture we don't carry...
Year ago I worked at small Circuit City inside a high end mall.

Management would get mad that we didn't hit our daily sales.

The majority of the time it was someone returned a $1000 laptop they bought a bigger store.

Our small store didn't sell anything over $250 let alone ANY laptops.

Thought drive up returns have to be simple. Apparel at all might need RFID tags not just a simple rewrap sticker. Not a single, 349 day Cat and Jack, had a tag attached. Had to have help reading the dang tiny tag for the dpci on over 20 items. Burning headache afterwards.

It says in the app when you start the return process that having a tag, sticker, or barcode is required

barcode is required
Like guests will read that part.
There should be a way to say that we didn't accept this return via DU because of that. When they go inside to return it and complain (because they will) an alert should come up with why it wasn't accepted at DU. If the TM was wrong they should get a GC

We re gonna need more DU spots for sure. Inside...DU gets priority over returns desk guest...call for back up to GS if a horn starts a honking cause that horn is a sale. . Were already packing front end with training new hires and anyone off the floor ready to switch is welcome.

Back