Drive up

You could put everything you want in your cart on the computer and just hit checkout on your phone.
No, you can't. You have to change shipping prior to checkout. And I've not been able to find a way to change all shipping at once, and that's the annoyance. Changing one item doesn't change the rest.

Or better yet just place it as pickup and switch it in the app
Gets kinda annoying to individually switch 20-25 items. I'm glad you think that opening the app and then switch pickup methods 20+ times in a row is a reasonable thing, but I don't. I'd like the option of switching one item switches them all, but it's not there prior to checkout. I'll try after and hope for the best next time.

Gets kinda annoying to individually switch 20-25 items. I'm glad you think that opening the app and then switch pickup methods 20+ times in a row is a reasonable thing, but I don't. I'd like the option of switching one item switches them all, but it's not there prior to checkout. I'll try after and hope for the best next time.
You can switch the whole order after you place it. That’s what I’m trying to say.

place the order as pickup. Tap show my pickup barcode. Tap drive up at the top.

Once you place an order as a pickup on your computer or on your phone if you open the target app and press show pickup barcode as you would if you are picking it up there is a button in the upper right hand corner that says “Drive Up” and when you click it the order becomes a drive up and let’s you say when you are on the way and here just like a normal drive up would. Takes maybe half a second. Literally the click of a button.

“Once you receive notification that your order is ready to be picked up, you can change your pick up method from Order Pickup to Drive Up or Drive Up to Order Pickup using the Target app. Use the prompts in the app to select your desired pickup method.

If you're unable to pick up your order at the store originally selected, you can cancel your order or let the pickup window expire.”

Place the order then switch it takes half a second. You can’t place a drive up on a computer or target.com you need the app.

Drive up app
As everyone knows we finally got an update to the drive up app! While the update is extremely helpful I still believe there is a lot of room for improvement. They obviously added the in hold screen and prepped screen which is extremely nice but in a way is pointless. When prepping a order you have to scan all the bags then the runners also have to scan all the bags which is just a waste of time and it would be quicker to just prep an order than run it. Here are some ideas I think should be added to the pickup app.
-An organization system. Right now they want us to write the name of the order on a sheet which is just a waste of time and rarely works because orders get moved around and some team members don’t do it which just completely destroys the point. I think once a team member is done prepping an order and they swipe the bar at the bottom it has them scan a cart location which works exactly like a hold location just for multiple bags. It will allow you to scan multiple cart locations if necessary. Each cart would be given a letter so you could easily find the cart and after the letter there would be a number which shows it’s specific location in the cart. On the runners screen it will show where the order is and when they choose to deliver it instead of scanning all the bags they just scan the cart locations assigned to the order so they know exactly where the order is and all the bags it has. This would save so much time wasted scanning all the bags. It would also allow for everyone to know exactly where every order is. If you swipe left on an order it will allow you to change the cart location for the order.
-Order prepped message
We need to get rid of that order prepped message it’s so annoying to see every time you finish prepping an order.

Drive up app
As everyone knows we finally got an update to the drive up app! While the update is extremely helpful I still believe there is a lot of room for improvement. They obviously added the in hold screen and prepped screen which is extremely nice but in a way is pointless. When prepping a order you have to scan all the bags then the runners also have to scan all the bags which is just a waste of time and it would be quicker to just prep an order than run it. Here are some ideas I think should be added to the pickup app.
-An organization system. Right now they want us to write the name of the order on a sheet which is just a waste of time and rarely works because orders get moved around and some team members don’t do it which just completely destroys the point. I think once a team member is done prepping an order and they swipe the bar at the bottom it has them scan a cart location which works exactly like a hold location just for multiple bags. It will allow you to scan multiple cart locations if necessary. Each cart would be given a letter so you could easily find the cart and after the letter there would be a number which shows it’s specific location in the cart. On the runners screen it will show where the order is and when they choose to deliver it instead of scanning all the bags they just scan the cart locations assigned to the order so they know exactly where the order is and all the bags it has. This would save so much time wasted scanning all the bags. It would also allow for everyone to know exactly where every order is. If you swipe left on an order it will allow you to change the cart location for the order.
-Order prepped message
We need to get rid of that order prepped message it’s so annoying to see every time you finish prepping an order.

We remove all the stickers from the bags and place them on the dry erase board thing that target provides in go cart. Removing the stickers makes it easy for the runner to scan them. We also have a velcro tab where we can stick a "cooler" label so that the runner knows the cooler items need to be pulled. We've had this update for months. Do you have the color changing part with the cooler. If someone scans/pulls cooler items and they are pulled for 10 minutes, the order goes red.

Back