Archived Driving sales, boldly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSide

Green side?
Anybody else have a STL obsessed with "driving sales boldly" right now? We're merchandising things right on the floor next to endcaps and just all over the place right now. The store looks like a torn up Walmart. The TV flat for black Friday is already set up, I mean come on. We're flexing crap, EVERYWHERE & ANYWHERE. I strongly dislike it..

I think they were told to starting setting early. Last week they started flexing out the 4day DVD shippers. They also put half of the shippers out already

My DTL was in today and questioned why we didn't have more tv's out on the floor pad in Softlines. My guess spot told them to start early this year

It's like Wal-Mart and a grocery store threw up everywhere. Food shippers everywhere. Sidecaps everywhere. Flats and shippers all over softlines. Tacky and low class...plus what happens when they run out before black Friday?

It's like Wal-Mart and a grocery store threw up everywhere. Food shippers everywhere. Sidecaps everywhere. Flats and shippers all over softlines. Tacky and low class...plus what happens when they run out before black Friday?

Oh, it gets better. At my store when they set the ad yesterday, they also set the Black Friday ad. So we've been taking down the signs as we have had a chance, whenever the guest comes up and points out the sale sign was up.

Geniuses.

This is all part of the madness that is Black Friday.

Nothing new...

Oh, it gets better. At my store when they set the ad yesterday, they also set the Black Friday ad. So we've been taking down the signs as we have had a chance, whenever the guest comes up and points out the sale sign was up.

Geniuses.

I'm sure that was fun for the front end. I already have enough of a bad time about when shit gets pushed to the wrong location, but when the BF ads are put up mistakenly? Fuck that.

Target doesn't know if it wants to have slick merchandising like a high end store or have stuff all over the place like Costco
I honestly have no problem having a pallet of microwaves or whatever on the floor when I shop at Costco. It seems so normal and I'm sure it's the same for anyone who shops there. I mean, if it's not completely obstructing the middle of the aisle, who cares? Walmart does the same thing with huge bins full of candy and crap. But shit, people still come. The thing is that Infinite growth is impossible and you compensate by cutting payroll across stores, closing stores, selling of pieces, etc. do what it takes to profit for your shareholders

F that. They get to sit in the TL office, listen to music, don't have to respond to anything over the walkie and text on their phone all night. I wouldn't think paying attention to the dates for one week would kill them.
My ad person does the ad & will answer the walkie. They will come for back up, depending on schedule time & ad size. I am sorry for your issues.

Actually it is. This is the first year they've put out the displays before Black Friday.

Or if we put them up, we put tarps over them and did NOT honor BF pricing.

This year pog is doing all the floor prep and they did not want our In-Stocks(who have done it every year) help so this should be interesting since they have no idea what they are doing.

Last edited:
Softlines is so crowded right now. It's gonna be awful when they push everything back to add the rest of the black Friday shippers and such.

The most shit on floor than in the backroom the better. Who cares how the store looks if people are buying stuff

Because I dont

The most shit on floor than in the backroom the better. Who cares how the store looks if people are buying stuff

Because I dont
Yea it's definitely driving sales. But when it gets to the point that it is overcrowding, it actually hurts sales.

My ad person does the ad & will answer the walkie. They will come for back up, depending on schedule time & ad size. I am sorry for your issues.

I do the ad and am like this. On day one, I don't get a walkie, but I do on day two and answer backups if I feel I have the time to do so.
Can I trade mine in? They suck down almost thirty hours a week combined, when the ad should take eight tops. Ab And those are signing hours...Which is why I get cut to less than thirty a week unless the signing projection is over forty for my part. They have a walkie abd a mydevice, are not register trained, still screw up salesfloor locations all the dang time and usually leave a prep batch to be printed Friday. Between sixty and two hundred signs a week don't get printed because they delete the outstanding batches Sunday morning. Even if they say not printed.

Can I trade mine in? They suck down almost thirty hours a week combined, when the ad should take eight tops. Ab And those are signing hours...Which is why I get cut to less than thirty a week unless the signing projection is over forty for my part. They have a walkie abd a mydevice, are not register trained, still screw up salesfloor locations all the dang time and usually leave a prep batch to be printed Friday. Between sixty and two hundred signs a week don't get printed because they delete the outstanding batches Sunday morning. Even if they say not printed.
Oh, that's bad. My hours come from salesfloor. I also print every batch that hasn't been printed during the week and put them up myself. If there is no ebatch by the time I clock out Friday, I let an LOD know so they can double check for one Sunday morning.

Some weeks they do give me too many hours, but I come out and help the salesfloor when I finish early.

People buy the stuff, then they give low surveys about the mess lol. I was in Walmart the other day wondering if they did or cared about surveys. I don't think they do. Idk if tgt should either, tbh. I know what I'd prefer as a guest and as a peon (clean uncluttered store), but if I were a target overlord and people are buying stuff despite the mess, idc. And I know I've gone to Walmart and walked around the pallets and such and still bought bundles of yarn and a rotisserie chicken or whatever. It was annoying, but eh, scarves need to be made (my mom makes, I wear).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back