Drugs, drugs, drugs!

Depends on building type, head count and volume. Typically it's two per department per shift. It can range from 1.5 to 2. The .5 being a mid who works part of 2 shifts. So an a-key mid or a b-key mid.

But things happenn promotions, exec turnover etc which can impact the number. If the OM is the exec trainer for the department you may have a couple of trainees or an intern or two.

Or sometimes if a shift is struggling they may send a more experienced OM to get another set of eyes and try and figure out what the gaps are, so you may have 3.
Our building has 2 per key per department. Each key also has a flex om where they have a home department, but know all departments so they can fill in for vaca and whatnot.

Not to worry. We have it all under control SeasonalDude. It's all falling into pieces. Uhh, I mean PLACE. Falling into places! Yeah.

The DC has active shooter training. Run, hide, or fight. Some guy in vid is picking up this swingline guillotine paper trimmer and I'm thinking all that's going to do is slow you down man. Get the hell out of there and grab a blade or shepherds / dockplate hook instead!

34b659d1-28ee-4ae2-bf5f-11860ab06e12_1.2ce75c21df78a6457641d3fa15618393.jpeg

the active shooter training is dumb because it's like covid in a way, if you run the actual numbers your odds of being in a mass shooting are almost nonexistent. Like really nonexistent, I could be wrong but I think your odds of being hit by lightning might be higher. And IIRC they've gone down over the yrs. Yet we have to dedicate a half hour of training wasted target $ (not that its my money) too it. Yes, in your mind you think how easy it would be for one to happen and it's very scary. But the actual fact is NONE of use are ever going to be in a active shooter situation. It's just the media publicizes each rare shooting to hell and high water, so your brain thinks they are everywhere. Just like covid tho, it's incredibly effective fearmongering.

What bothered me about it is IMO if anything the training is just likely to put the idea in someone's head, when it wasnt there before. If you tell us about shootings all day, somebody is going to get a bright idea. It just increases our risk IMO. Just like the news coverage inspires copycats.

About the thread, well my place actually doesnt seem quite this bad, or bad at all, with active druggies. It's probably more an inbound thing as the dock seems crazy lol. One thing I do remember though is even 15-20 yrs ago a guy hit something with equipment, tested positive for marijuana. You'd think hitting a rack+positive test=termination, but he wasnt. He told me they legally could not fire him, they had to offer him rehab. So it could be a law thing too.

People with rap sheets, heh. But ours probably takes the cake, gangbanger guy practically bragging how he did 17 yrs for attempted murder, convicted at 15, sentenced as an adult, he loved to let ppl know all the details.

Last edited:
fairly new TM here, ~4 months, A1 Inbound... check this out...

1) fellow TM hits a GPM with his RC, not too bad, but gets sent to nurse for drug screen protocol, he fails, but told "well, you have to keep taking the test until you pass, but at your expense, $250 a pop."
what in the holy hell is this insanity??! PE on PE crash, drugs, but dude was back at work the next shift and has been since. took all the teeth out of Target's drug policy to anyone who heard the story, and that was pretty much the entire DC.
total bullshit.
2) was throwing in a trailer with a dude from A2 on OT, dude was hitting his pen the entire shift. bragging that its 90% THC, and by the end of the shift dude was so high i simply told him to get out of the trailer. i started paying attention and talking to other TM's, SO MANY TM's are hitting their pens all shift its not even rare to see. had a dude tell me that he drives 1.5 hours to work at Target because "they don't test."
i could not give a rip if you do drugs, but not before a 6am shift start or during the f*cking shift please!!! with the number of near misses of RC on people accidents every shift, I would greatly prefer if my f-cking RC driver was not high when ripping around on a 3 ton piece of equipment.
3) all the people smoking out on shift and bragging about it, say they "keep 2 pennies in their pocket in case they get hit with a random test." no idea what this sh-t means or how it works, i'm just thinking what kind of gladiator academy are they running here that this is how people plan for their day. prison yard rules.

the drugs are concerning to me because i've jumped out of the way more than 10 times in my short tenure.
its a total bullsh*t "policy."

and don't get me started on...

a) if a crackhead can find the reply button on an email and can magically spell their name correctly in the response, Target will hire them at a strong hourly rate (even if they can not do any of the work), + give them $3000 after 3 months, and make their fellow TM's train them, carry them and do all their work until that bonus check clears and they split.
rinse and repeat.
love when they bring me some wanna-be thug, baggy pants, tatted to sh*t, including all over their face, and ask me to spend the next 12 hours with this psychopath. good times.
causes total Vietnam vibes... "I don't even want to know your f-cking name until you been here in-country for at least 6 months... now, go f*ck off!"
b) favoritism by OMs. in my tenure, they are some TM's that I have never seen in ART. one couple (dating, not married!) that always get the same BS assignment together. a girl who always does the smalls. EVERY. SINGLE. SHIFT. but if you're a worker and can get sh*t done, you're in ART every weekend, all weekend, and if you're really good, you get to throw for 3 days straight, 12 hours a day. when i throw 12K, the reward? a super short, half hearted shout out on next start up. and back to a trailer.
c) when I work OT, there is an OM who literally is a sado-masochistic psycho... all day, yelling, threatening, dragging people to HR, just a total dysfunctional freak. result? people want and need OT but just can't deal with mental torture of this jerk. its insane. so what is the mgmt opinion on this?? they love him. because its all about keeping the slaves rowing via threats and intimidation. i have not started a shift without being terminated if I do this or that. every single shift there is some threat of being fired. have not missed a day in four months.

bottom line.... this place might make more profit if they pitched a tent over the place and charged admission. total sh*t show....

Last edited:
I will never again use the IB bathrooms for f&cks sake. I’ll walk down to the GPM’ers thrown next time. Yikes

Congratulations to the woke mob in Minneapolis for turning distribution centers into drug dens.Meth,weed and crack are now as common as a pack of crackers on the floor.I bet in targay hq they don't have animals ripping toilet paper holders off the wall,toilet seat covers off the wall,urinating on the entire floor,taking a dump and leaving it in the toilet with no used toilet paper to be seen and putting whole rolls in the toilet to stop it up

Dog needs to up their hiring standards. HQ sounds very liberal.
I would say more desperate than liberal. They needed bodies and wanted to take the work out of the DCs hands because they know how long of a process is to choose the right candidates. So they went the Amazon route and started hiring as many people as they could.

I would say more desperate than liberal. They needed bodies and wanted to take the work out of the DCs hands because they know how long of a process is to choose the right candidates. So they went the Amazon route and started hiring as many people as they could.

That would be my take on it too.
The stores may be able to be a little more picky because they get a better applicant flow and not as many people with hard core records are going to even try to apply.
But warehouse and kitchen work has always been a pretty good option when you need a second chance.
I've worked with a lot of ex-cons in kitchens and while a certain number slip, many are just trying to get back on their feet and on with their lives.

Right now the entire country is having a hard time getting bodies.
So they are hiring a lot of people they might not have before.
Which is good for people who need that second chance, and it's good for the people with disabilities that I work with, but it may be a bit of a challenge for folks who haven't worked under these kinds of situations before.

Last month we had a kid on b2 try and do something at the DC. He streamed it to his friends on facebook that he was on the way to the DC with a gun and someone called the cops. He was but a few miles from the DC before he was pulled over by the police got out and just shot himself. Rumor is this 18 year old kid developed a relationship with the 30+ year old married OM. She's been telling everyone she's going through a divorce and I guess the soon to be ex husband finds out about the relationship and reports it to target. She breaks it off with him hoping to save her job and reputation and in retaliation the kid heads to target with a gun right as everyone would be coming out the front door at the end of shift. I hadn't heard of her being back at work since that happened.

That would be my take on it too.
The stores may be able to be a little more picky because they get a better applicant flow and not as many people with hard core records are going to even try to apply.
But warehouse and kitchen work has always been a pretty good option when you need a second chance.
I've worked with a lot of ex-cons in kitchens and while a certain number slip, many are just trying to get back on their feet and on with their lives.

Right now the entire country is having a hard time getting bodies.
So they are hiring a lot of people they might not have before.
Which is good for people who need that second chance, and it's good for the people with disabilities that I work with, but it may be a bit of a challenge for folks who haven't worked under these kinds of situations before.
Exactly. I've worked Logistics/warehouse since 06 and have seen so many people who either have records or priors and work at a DC. Some do mean good and want to get back on their feet but it honestly comes down to them taking themselves out of the environment that put them there in the first place. I know they won't even apply at a store because of the "dealing with the public" and not because they don't want to but because they believe they already don't have a chance due to their past. I understand the hiring process and why they did it but at the same time there are some people that slip through that you really wonder how? I had a legit drug addict on my shift. Told people they couldn't work of they weren't high off their mind before they went in. Luckily they don't work there anymore but still had to deal with it.

I think the way everyone pays now has played a huge role in them getting bodies. I was at an AutoZone and over heard a guy saying he gets paid $12.45 an hour. Where I live rent on a 2 bed apartment is at least $1300 so I understand their frustration with hourly pay but I think that's why everyone is struggling for people and since Target is one of the few able to pay so much more people flock to Target. The state of the country is in a state of walking a fine line of working 3 jobs or having a really good paying one that if they lost can put them even lower where they were prior

Back