Archived E2E flow TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is already in the E2E master thread, but what happens to flow TLs in the E2E roll out? Do they take over an area? Do they still run the unload?

Until the E2E changes are made to Logistics, it will vary from store to store.

Sorry if this is already in the E2E master thread, but what happens to flow TLs in the E2E roll out? Do they take over an area? Do they still run the unload?

It sounds like once we have the paletized freight they will move to other team lead positions since the truck unload will look totally different

At our store, we are still hashing out details, but Flow TL will do unload and have an area.

I imagine they would be a domestics TL or some bull. Maybe they run breakout of the truck or whatever but stick to their area. Leads seem more and more superfluous at that point, though.

With BR being pushed to be emptied, I wonder what my job looks like. Not sure it exists, maybe they start tearing down backrooms to make room for salesfloor expansions.

At our store we have a two Logistics TL and a Senior TL with an ETL over Logistics. They still come in and run the unload in the morning. We are also keeping our backroom team intact, it's just a much smaller verson now. The only real changes that we have is that us DPO's have a TL and ETL directly over us instead of the Logistics TL and ETL.

Look through @PlanoBitch's posts in the E2E thread. I'm pretty sure she mentioned it at some point.

We start the E2e on Monday. My flow tl told me he will handle the truck unload and then be over the essentials team. I don't know yet who I report to. Probably the softlines tl. Whatever.

I imagine they would be a domestics TL or some bull. Maybe they run breakout of the truck or whatever but stick to their area. Leads seem more and more superfluous at that point, though.

With BR being pushed to be emptied, I wonder what my job looks like. Not sure it exists, maybe they start tearing down backrooms to make room for salesfloor expansions ship from store expansions to compete with Amazon.

FYP

Yeah the problem with the backroom now is the limited capacity for orders. If they are remodeling guest service to have a store pickup only line I imagine the focus be on giving flexible fulfilment more of what they need

Yeah the problem with the backroom now is the limited capacity for orders. If they are remodeling guest service to have a store pickup only line I imagine the focus be on giving flexible fulfilment more of what they need
It would be nice if they turned all SFS to ESFS... maybe then Target will decide on a better system/way to tell which merchandise are web only.... cause our flow team cant...... DC sends items in repack boxes, then flow team decides to flex the web only items on the floor b/c no location, then fulfillment team cant find item and we get in trouble cause our Fill % isnt green....

With BR being pushed to be emptied, I wonder what my job looks like. Not sure it exists, maybe they start tearing down backrooms to make room for salesfloor expansions.
Sadly, yours will be phased out. When you get fully e2e you will get the option to pick a section (or dept) from your ETL but BRTL are the first to vanish.
Also, you could choose to be the only remaining BR person and force out all the TMs

We didn't have that problem as ours quit a month before e2e roll out. He was never replaced.

We start the E2e on Monday. My flow tl told me he will handle the truck unload and then be over the essentials team. I don't know yet who I report to. Probably the softlines tl. Whatever.
Then he likes pain. Essentials will be the most demanding of the TLs.
Also for you, it depends on where you are assigned. That's who you will report to

It would be nice if they turned all SFS to ESFS... maybe then Target will decide on a better system/way to tell which merchandise are web only.... cause our flow team cant...... DC sends items in repack boxes, then flow team decides to flex the web only items on the floor b/c no location, then fulfillment team cant find item and we get in trouble cause our Fill % isnt green....
Web only merchandise should never make it to the floor.

One of our rules is if it has no location, it is backstock. If it has no pog it doesn't leave the backroom period.

At our store we have a two Logistics TL and a Senior TL with an ETL over Logistics. They still come in and run the unload in the morning. We are also keeping our backroom team intact, it's just a much smaller verson now. The only real changes that we have is that us DPO's have a TL and ETL directly over us instead of the Logistics TL and ETL.
That sounds interesting. What volume are you at. From what I overheard, there were to me NO BR teams period. 2 tm max to do autos. So color me curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back