Archived Early Access sales and full online access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full access now will take a lot too.

What PS4's none of our local stores had any.. This is going to suck large, glad I won't be there for actual shoppers cause it kind of sucks that we let the on line fuck over people who came in to shop.. But on the other hand if people get screwed enough maybe sales will tank enough they won't bother being open..

What PS4's none of our local stores had any.. This is going to suck large, glad I won't be there for actual shoppers cause it kind of sucks that we let the on line fuck over people who came in to shop.. But on the other hand if people get screwed enough maybe sales will tank enough they won't bother being open..

The internet killed what Black Friday used to be. Once upon a time you didn't see the AD until you opened your Thanksgiving newspaper.

People are already bitching about how they can't buy something online. Stores might actually be out but most stores are getting a truck today and there's a capacity on what you can buy online. Basically if you want it that bad- Go in a store.

question, i ordered a doorbuster for pick up and my store says limited stock. do online pick up orders get picked first or can people in store get them first?

question, i ordered a doorbuster for pick up and my store says limited stock. do online pick up orders get picked first or can people in store get them first?
If your item says limited stock you'll be lucky if an OPU team member actually physically fulfills your order. Limited stock could be 2 or 3 on hand. So good luck. I think the guests in the store will have a better chance than you, IMO. Online orders can be cancelled by a team member in the event they don't find the item. Or the store is "Out."
Also the store may have not gotten the quantities they should have from DC to support the sale. In fact last night when we were stacking "Doorbusters" throughout the store we only had 5 OH of the Canon Camera featured in the ad. So it'll be first come first serve. I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of guests upset that we didn't have enough of that "one" doorbuster they really wanted.

Last edited:
Is the spend 50 dollars get a 20% off coupon to use 11/25 thru 12/8 good online or only in store today or just Friday instores ???

We had so many OPUs yesterday we had the entire sales floor team and backroom doing them and so many people came in at like 2pm upset that their orders they placed at 7am still weren’t ready and when I got off work at 4 I was clothes shopping and was about to buy a couple shirts (physically had them in my hand) and I saw there was a deal online for OPU only so I placed one thinking I’d just come back later and i got a cancellation email not even 2 minutes after I placed the order. They didn’t even try 😂 but I’m not even mad I know they were SWAMPED

I wish they never did early access to every item online or even the stuff that is in shippers for black Friday! Guests were buying out all the black Friday stuff!

We had so many OPUs yesterday we had the entire sales floor team and backroom doing them and so many people came in at like 2pm upset that their orders they placed at 7am still weren’t ready and when I got off work at 4 I was clothes shopping and was about to buy a couple shirts (physically had them in my hand) and I saw there was a deal online for OPU only so I placed one thinking I’d just come back later and i got a cancellation email not even 2 minutes after I placed the order. They didn’t even try 😂 but I’m not even mad I know they were SWAMPED
I was doing OPU/SFS yesterday too and we were told to burn pretty much all of the softlines items if you didn’t know where it was. We were still 1000 in the gun for ship late/past due when I left at midnight because we did like 100k in sales just for flex yesterday

In the past if it's really busy, I'd just shop for my OPU myself, place the order online, and then let the pickers know I have it already. I'd either stage it near their OPU station or go meet them with the items.

The PlayStation was the same deal for the 4 day so I don’t feel bad. If you didn’t get it in the past week you clearly don’t want it. Yeah it sucks inventory isn’t fantastic but the PlayStation I’m not concerned about.

Right! I had multiple people in line asking about it and we were sold out before we opened today. I told them that it had been the same price for the past three days and we sold out. My guess is that they tried other retailers that had it for the same price and didn't luck out so they tried us as a last resort.

ASANTS last year OPU didn't get filled at all to allow the in store guest to have preference. This year with the new timer for OPU and the radio ads on OPU the preference is given to OPU. Anything left SFS takes in their batches. So it's a super small window for the guests in store.

ASANTS last year OPU didn't get filled at all to allow the in store guest to have preference. This year with the new timer for OPU and the radio ads on OPU the preference is given to OPU. Anything left SFS takes in their batches. So it's a super small window for the guests in store.
That’s not true. We had the same issue last year with OPU. Unless your store specifically ruined your metrics and didn’t pick anything target did the same thing last year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back