Archived Early Morning "Ad" Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I detect some trauma?

/me gets mrknownothing a nice cup of tea and a soothing compress.

Mr k isn't an early bird. Passing a redeye's java shot.

/mixing a Chantiquo hot chocolate with a splash of creme de cacao.

Thanks, guys. :D

It was the year when I was working overnight during the holidays, and one morning my team had to help with adset. I had to sign the ribbon aisle in seasonal, and of course it was the week when every single fucking ribbon was on sale.

Ugh. We had four people doing ad setup (well, 5 including LOD). Me and another guy were new and both did A block, LOD did B, guy did E/F/Electronics, and one did softlines. NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE FOR TIME WE HAD. :( Had to deal with a ton of people complaining about signs still being up

Ugh. We had four people doing ad setup (well, 5 including LOD). Me and another guy were new and both did A block, LOD did B, guy did E/F/Electronics, and one did softlines. NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE FOR TIME WE HAD. :( Had to deal with a ton of people complaining about signs still being up
Did you play the jams?

Not bad, honestly. Don't have to think too much, but it's busy work so the time passes. I'm scheduled to do it again next week, so yay.

I think I might be working in softlines though? Or does the work-center not matter, and just used for... reasons.

I think I might be working in softlines though? Or does the work-center not matter, and just used for... reasons.

Softlines is completely different from the other departments and you'd better be familiar with the department.
The other problem (I've never had to do it so I'm reporting this second hand) is that you often have to shift clothes to match the signs which isn't something you ever have to do with hardlines.

That's what I've heard... :| I'm not familiar with softlines at all.

Usually, there should be someone with softlines experience scheduled to set the softlines ad. Anyone can sign hardlines if they can read location schematics, but softlines is a whole 'nother animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back