Archived Early Morning "Ad" Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullMonkey

Ex-Backroom Badass
Got asked if I could come in early on Sunday to help with/be trained on "ad work".

What is it, exactly? I said yes, because hey, more stuff to do, but I'm a little confused. Is it just placing out the new signs for deals/sales in the weeks ad?

Pretty much.
You used to have to scan them in but I don't think you have to do that anymore.
They have the aisles and shelves on the signs or you have to scan them find locs.

Sounds simple enough, and not terribly mind-numbing

Well, I guess we'll see! Apparently I'm being scheduled for it, so I had better like it.

In any case, it's something different, so I'm happy about that.

Never done the ad. Depending on what area you do it might be ok. I know I would never be that desperate for hrs. Those fn little paper, cardboard, whatever the heck they are, always are falling off. If you can avoid cosmetics at all costs. There is a lot of pressure to get it done on time. The good news, you will become more familiar with the store.

It might be better now if your store has the sticky signs. I always got tiny cuts on my fingers from sliding open the plastic to put the sign in. A-block always takes forever. It's not too bad though, the store is kind of peaceful without guests at that time.

You should of declined. Ad setup is on of the worst things to do in the store. You come in with flow, store is dark, have to keep bending down so there goes your back. For some reason, instead of a "all coke products 50% off", there's a sign for every single item. Your hands are f*cked. Good luck if your store still signs them in.

and lol if you end up in cosmetics, see if you like it but I'd try to get out of it if I were you

You should of declined. Ad setup is on of the worst things to do in the store. You come in with flow, store is dark, have to keep bending down so there goes your back. For some reason, instead of a "all coke products 50% off", there's a sign for every single item. Your hands are f*cked. Good luck if your store still signs them in.

and lol if you end up in cosmetics, see if you like it but I'd try to get out of it if I were you
Doing the ad, is one of the few times working out on the Salesfloor without guests.

I got suckered into helping with ad setup a few weeks back... ended up putting up about 35 signs on curtains alone. I don't know why they couldn't just do a single 7x11 and get it over with, until I saw that there were TWO curtains not on ad. The top signs were about four inches above my outstretched fingers. It took a ridiculous amount of time.

As a team lead I do the ad once a month. It's really not as bad as some are making it out to be. The store's quiet and it's really easy work. Plus, being able to listen to whatever music you want makes it go by quickly and enjoyably. Although if I had to do it more regularly than once a month it would probably get grating.

I've been doing ad most every Sunday for a few months now. Its repetitive work and hell on your fingers but once you get into a rhythm its not too bad. Gives you a good idea of where things are and what's on sale. Plus you get a few hours of paid work without any guests bugging you; always a plus.

When there's a soda deal like that, there is going to be a 7x11 even if they for some reason keep printing off all those 3x5s. And cosmetics isn't that bad; sure finding where the signs go is a pain but there's rarely many of them. When the entire vitamin aisle goes on sale however, that's when signing gets rough. Or call-ins. One or two people not showing up really screws the rest of signing team.

I love ad setup and take down. Don't get to do either anymore.

The TM that was my main ad prep did most of the work. She just printed and organized all the sale signs by aisle numbers. I would show up early Sunday morning, and be handed an area to work.

You basically just follow the planogram numbers for each sign, and place them. Didn't take more than a couple hours unless one has HBA or tons of small items. Usually by the last hour, we were touching up the zone and reshop before Sunday opening.

I love ad set up!! Crank up the jams, 3 entire hours with no guests around! Not to mention it's "Sailor Sunday." Meaning topics of conversation can sometimes sound like it comes from the mouths of Sailors. Oh, and getting something done with no guests around!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back