Archived Easiest TL position

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSTL. Everything you're responsible for is within a s,mall area and doesn't require much presentation or stocking, plus you can push about 80-90% of the work on your GSAs. As a matter of fact, if you have a GSA and GSTL working on the same shift, it's almost expected for the GSTL to pittle around all day either doing interviews, doing coavhings, reading emails, or just sitting around gossiping. I think the record one day was nearly five hours where a SrGSTL scheduled just as GSTL literally sat in his 'office' and talked with other passing TM. ...oh how I hate his guts

If you have a strong team of cashiers who consistently meet REDcard, speed and survey goals, then GSTL is a piece of cake. If you have a weak team it's pretty much terrible, especially with AE15's renewed focus on REDcards.

Price & presentation TL is one of the hardest If done correctly its a huge job. Plano, revisions, salesplaners, softlines adj, and price change. Planing correctly. Making sure all workload is 100% complete each week, stocked, researched and signed. Sometimes I feel like the entire store falls on my shoulders. But I love it. As for the easiest I couldn't say I'm sure they can all be tough at times.

Last edited:
If you have a strong team of cashiers who consistently meet REDcard, speed and survey goals, then GSTL is a piece of cake. If you have a weak team it's pretty much terrible, especially with AE15's renewed focus on REDcards.

How do you figure?

The success of a front end team (and therefore, the success of a GSTL) can largely be summed up by whether you're meeting your metrics or not. Are you meeting your REDcard goals? Are cashier speed, cashier friendliness, and other front end metrics from the survey green? If so, then as a GSTL, you're going to be left alone (unless you get guest complaints, can't speedweave, etc.)

But whether you're making your metrics or not is entirely dependent on your team. Have a good team that makes their goals? You'll have a good time. Have a team of bottom performers? Then you're stuck either working with them to get them to improve, or starting the long process of performancing them out if they're beyond saving, all the while having to answer to your ETL-GE hounding you.

The success of a front end team (and therefore, the success of a GSTL) can largely be summed up by whether you're meeting your metrics or not. Are you meeting your REDcard goals? Are cashier speed, cashier friendliness, and other front end metrics from the survey green? If so, then as a GSTL, you're going to be left alone (unless you get guest complaints, can't speedweave, etc.)

But whether you're making your metrics or not is entirely dependent on your team. Have a good team that makes their goals? You'll have a good time. Have a team of bottom performers? Then you're stuck either working with them to get them to improve, or starting the long process of performancing them out if they're beyond saving, all the while having to answer to your ETL-GE hounding you.

Which basically means keep a good team and life is a breeze. If someone's not on their game, performance them out as the metrics will give you legitimate reasons.

Absolutely. I've said it before: if you have underperforming TMs under you, their performance is a judgement about how well you manage your team. On the other hand, with a team of top performers, your job becomes tremendously easy, and who doesn't want their job to be easy?

I would, however, try to work with your bottom performers a bit. When you're promoted into role, you need to make sure your team knows your expectations. Sometimes it's the case that former TLs were a bit lackadaisical, and you need to let your TMs know the standards you expect of them and that you're here to help them before you start holding them accountable.

I think GSTL is one of the hardest. Not only are they deemed responsible for red cards, they're also the front line for getting bitched at by guests from the checklanes and the guest service counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back