Archived Easiest TL position

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to choose one, I'd say either Softlines TL or Food Ave TL. But I think every TL position can be difficult and stressful. Everyone has unreasonable expectations coming from the top down these days.

Food Ave TL. Hands down.

When I am on break or eating lunch at food ave, they just stand there talking to me.

Food Ave TL for the sole reason that it's a workcenter that doesn't even require a TL. I compare it to having a literal Guest Service TL - one who has 5 guest service shifts per week. You're in your own world with just a few TMs.

They eliminated the FATL position at my store.

The Food Ave team lead at my store is also the In Stocks Team Lead.
The food Ave spot would be easy, if the GE would stop taking hours away from his department.

The Food Ave team lead at my store is also the In Stocks Team Lead.
The food Ave spot would be easy, if the GE would stop taking hours away from his department.

How many hours are they getting on average? My new ETL-GE/SF has taken mine, although both she and the ETL-HR "promise" to give them back eventually... ... ... ...

How many hours are they getting on average? My new ETL-GE/SF has taken mine, although both she and the ETL-HR "promise" to give them back eventually... ... ... ...
I have no idea, but there have been several times in the last few weeks that FA has had to close for awhile while the FA team member took his/her lunch because there was no one to replace them.

There are only three of us trained to open or close FA. The rest are half-assed trained and fake it, just covering breaks.

SBTL?
Def not at MY store.
He has TWO bosses on his a$$: Target & Starbucks.
Yeah I would have thought sbtl before I was one but trying to please two companies which don't always agree is tough. So when Target rarely cares to live up to their contractual obligations and Starbucks could care less about Target's payroll or other issues your stuck between a rock and a hard place with little support.

Yeah I would have thought sbtl before I was one but trying to please two companies which don't always agree is tough. So when Target rarely cares to live up to their contractual obligations and Starbucks could care less about Target's payroll or other issues your stuck between a rock and a hard place with little support.
People who say SBTL is the easiest are usually those who have never been a Starbucks TM or TL. They don't know the work that really goes into that particular leadership role in the store.

All have their pros and cons....lots of people say FATL is easiest and yes you have a better schedule and a smaller area to oversee but you are also required to be more of a TM than a true TL which sucks especially when you are understaffed. Give me sales floor anyday so I have the opportunity to shine rather than a black hole specialty area where no one knows or cares if you're alive back there as long as the pizza hot hold is full and you're passing steritech!

All have their pros and cons....lots of people say FATL is easiest and yes you have a better schedule and a smaller area to oversee but you are also required to be more of a TM than a true TL which sucks especially when you are understaffed. Give me sales floor anyday so I have the opportunity to shine rather than a black hole specialty area where no one knows or cares if you're alive back there as long as the pizza hot hold is full and you're passing steritech!
That's so true. Half the time I'm trying to help support my FATL since he's my neighbor and our teams interact with each other on a daily basis. I feel that most Starbucks and Food Ave TLs rely on support from each other to face opportunities and issues more effectively.

Some of the grocery ones are pretty easy if you're in a higher volume store.
I'm not sure what store model you're referring to but as a CTL in a large volume super, I can assure you my job isn't easy. Now I know the golden rule is ASANTS but in my particular scenario, I'm over all of dry, frozen, dairy, mini and cartwell (saver spot). Not to mention I'm the vendor liaison for any area that has vendor product (which is everywhere). I do an astonishing amount of sales off of endcaps and sidecaps so keeping those stocked are a full time job in itself. I have a tiny team and very few hours so getting a good zone is rare considering how often we have to respond to fast service. My job is far from easy but I like it :3

To be completely honest, we don't have a TL in my store that has it easy; we're all spread so thin.

by far, food ave. smallest team to manage. least amount of work. gstl/gsa make sure your team's breaks are good. all you have to make sure is that they up sell drinks and clean.

you screw up ordering? the etl ge and gstl's bail you out and find stores with excess and pick them up for you.

That's so true. Half the time I'm trying to help support my FATL since he's my neighbor and our teams interact with each other on a daily basis. I feel that most Starbucks and Food Ave TLs rely on support from each other to face opportunities and issues more effectively.
. That's if you have a FATL. We're ULV so I'm also the FATL as well as the SBTL. I only have a Food service assistant to help run it.

by far, food ave. smallest team to manage. least amount of work. gstl/gsa make sure your team's breaks are good. all you have to make sure is that they up sell drinks and clean.

you screw up ordering? the etl ge and gstl's bail you out and find stores with excess and pick them up for you.
Ummm no. My ETL doesn't even know how or when I order. She doesn't have a clue. The FSA is the only one who knows how to order. She does FA and I do SB. Although I have to double check her orders as its my butt if we run out of anything. The new GSTL also doesn't know either area. So while ASANTS bun big nooooooo on anyone in my store being able to bail me out. Also I spend so much time following up with people not doing what they're supposed to do and fixing Everything!

^This.
Our FA/SB is an island at our store; no front end support whatsoever.
If not for cross-training between the two we'd be up sh*t creek on more than one occasion & I still pull doubles when the need arises (tho not for long).
Our leadership also doesn't know jack about our ordering & even gave away some of our product one time to another store without bothering to consult our FATL.
When we ran out a day later, we put it all on that ETL & it's up to US to scrounge if we've been shorted on an order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back