Archived Easter Sunday Pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my memory serves me right Easter has always been a paid holiday along with Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was in my pay and benefits the other day and noticed it said the only paid holidays were Thanksgiving and Christmas. I average 32 hr+ so it doesnt have anything to do with im a part timer thing. Any one else know if Easter is still a paid holiday, or have they taken that from us too? Or perhaps Im mistaken and it never was a paid holiday?

JustJoe

"Can you go to 3, please?" *Turns off walkie*
I'm curious if we would have received holiday premium pay if Spot was open today. I will say that my local Walmart was PACKED TO THE GILLS today.

I bet since it's a religious holiday and not a federal holiday if Target were open we wouldn't get time and a half. Companies that pay more on Sundays/Easter Sunday probably do so to be nice (or state by state it varies).

Easter is definitely not a paid holiday for TLs.

sigma7

Former ETL-All the Things
I live in the Bible Belt. Nothing is open on Easter.

I'm curious if we would have received holiday premium pay if Spot was open today. I will say that my local Walmart was PACKED TO THE GILLS today.

No premium pay. Last year we took a truck on Easter

Triscuit

Pricing Ninja
According to google, all walmarts were open today. Hmm, i am surprised because i heard they were all supposed to be closed

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
My Target was closed, but a lot of other stores in the area were open. Overnight team still had to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.