Archived Educational Leave Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a junior in highschool, and last year I took educational leave from Mid-November to this January. I needed to focus on grades (they were slipping..), finals, and with the holiday season being hectic I wouldn't be able to offer my best. The junior year is really important and school came first.

Anyway, I'm supposed to get a call on February 1st to come back from educational leave. But is this really going to happen? Do they even remember who I am? I was just a cashier but everyone seemed to like me and I got my job done. I really need the money and am looking forward to getting out of the house once more. Of course I'll have to change my hours a bit to fit my demanding course load.

I guess my real question is should I be expecting a call? Or, do I have to make the call? Is my job even still available to me?

I really liked working there so I'm hoping they take me back...

Thank you!

If I were you, I'd go into the store and talk to HR or just call the store yourself. The way Spot is going, I'd wouldn't trust them with anything right now.

Your responsibility to call them and let them know if you need to extend an educational LOA or when you are ready to come back starting which date, and when you will be on the schedule.

Failure to contact them will be considered job abandonment.

As to whether they remember you or not, don't worry about it. At this point, we are all expendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back