Efficency on manual dock

So, after four years at Target of being a packer, then MBP, I made the choice to move to inbound. I had been flexing over constantly since everything started with COVID and I came to really enjoy working there. OM's are awesome, awesome teammates, even became a trainer after four months ( working my way through the process). My prod is great according to the OM's, so that isn't my concern. I'm just looking for tips on how to become more efficient on the manual dock. Any tips on setup, how many pallets to pull from the truck at once, dealing with the one item here, one on the bottom type pallets.

If you have a trailer of single item pallets, you should use as much space as you have available to you.
The fewer number of times you get on/off the RC or change between doing things, the better. So pull off as much as you can at once, cut all of the shrink wrap at one time, then print it all, label it all, band it all, stage it all.
Mixed pallets I don’t take more than 2 off at a time.

If you have a trailer of single item pallets, you should use as much space as you have available to you.
The fewer number of times you get on/off the RC or change between doing things, the better. So pull off as much as you can at once, cut all of the shrink wrap at one time, then print it all, label it all, band it all, stage it all.
Mixed pallets I don’t take more than 2 off at a time.
All of this, and if you can find a couple folks you can tolerate hanging out with for 10hrs straight who like to keep moving you will never hear about prod from an IB leader. Inbound is 90 percent team work, and it's a lot more fun with people you enjoy being around.

Back