Archived eHR access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there! I am new here so I apologize if this isn't in the correct spot. I am a recent hire for backroom logistics overnight.

I have had orientation and my first 2 hour 'training' shift, which consisted of being on the computer taking a couple of tests, and looking at pdf's that said I was supposed to have a trainer there to discuss and show me things, brought it up to HR, they shrugged it off.

Anyhow, I have been constantly trying to log into eHR for the past week with absolutely no luck. I was able to change my password at the kiosk in my store, however, immediately after that I got a message that says "Access Denied", which when I asked HR what to do, they had no answer, just that it doesn't work for some people.

So I cannot fill out my W4 or add an emergency contact or do anything I am supposed to do after orientation. What I am asking is, does any of this sound normal? Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thank you!! and sorry for the long post!

Have you been trying to log in from home or at the store? eHR rarely works outside of Target property, and MyTime (time off requests, availability, etc.) is completely inaccessible.

You might be able to do your W4 through targetpayandbenefits.com instead; there may be a way to get from there to the Paperless Employee site with your Target log-in info.

I have been trying both at home and at the store, neither has worked so far. I will try the other site though! Thank you!

I am a new hire, and I faced the same situation today.

My orientation was on Wednesday of this week, and the paperwork I was given said I could use the eHR after one day had passed. Today (Friday), I went into the store to use the eHR. Since two days had passed since my orientation, I assumed all would be well.

After more than two hours of my eHR account showing "access denied" and trying a huge number of potential solutions, I finally called the Customer Service number listed near the computers and spoke with a representative.

She told me that my eHR account will not work for four days after my orientation because it takes that much time for my details to populate the system.

(On the other hand, I was able to access my paperlessemployee account with no problem, but you can only sort out your tax information there, and not your direct deposit and other eHR elements.)

As a side note, you can use the phone near the eHR computers to unlock your eHR account. You can also reset your password on the phone if you want, or you can reset it on the computer. I did not see any information about this anywhere, nor was I told how to do it, but both of these things have to be done before you can use your eHR account.

EDIT: Oops, I see you have been with Target for longer than four days, so that shouldn't be the issue. Have you called to have your account unlocked? Perhaps that would help.

Even though my answer might not be helpful for you, I'll just leave it here in case it helps someone else.

Thank you all for the answers, I had no clue I was supposed to call and "unlock" my account. I will try that. I was already able to change my password on my first training day at the kiosk in store. and my password worked for other things, like the workbench site.

Thanks for the help! I will try that.

If you have access to workbench, you should be ok. Just stop trying your password failures afte 2 tries. You will get locked out third time error.

Okay, called the help line, they didn't know what was wrong and could not help me. Still no access at home or at store. I called and changed my password, and unlocked my account. Neither helped. I will probably try to talk to someone in HR on Monday. I wonder if they have paper copies of the paperwork I need to fill out, this can't be the first time this has happened to a team member. I got access to the paperless employee site, but it said to go to the eHR site to actually submit the paperwork. I've never encountered something like this before, thank you all for the help.

They maybe still processing your paperwork. Have you been able to clock in when you work? If not, that is the reason why. Please don't try to do anything from home just yet. Turn in the paperwork & let them know you are having issues.

Hi there!

In regards to this same issue, I called the help line for the second time today (first call was made four days ago).

They said that this time they will have someone look into the issue.

It seems that at the time of one's first call, they just cross their fingers and hope that the issue will resolve itself.

I did speak with my HR team, and they said that they have nothing to do with eHR, but maybe it's different in your store.

Hi @abscott!

I finally have access to my eHR account!! It took two calls to the customer service hotline to get them to take action.

Hope you get access to your account soon!

I will have to try calling the hotline again, they said they couldn't do anything about it the first time I called. I work overnights, so I stayed around after work and asked HR to see what to do, they suggested calling the hotline again. Luckily I was able to fill out the W4 and I gave HR my emergency contacts info. So the important stuff is out of the way. Thanks for the suggestions! I will try calling again.

I was just going to ask for that number!!! You are pretty damm awesome, and you serve up some pretty good java too!! :)

Hello, I was wondering if you were able to get this resolved? I am a new hire having the same issue. I spent an hour on the phone yesterday after my shift trying to get it worked out and nobody could figure it out. Seems like I'm out of luck if I can't figure it out on my own.

didn't realize it until now that I still need to set up my eHR yesterday was my first day.
going to ask to set it up on break.

Hello, I was wondering if you were able to get this resolved? I am a new hire having the same issue. I spent an hour on the phone yesterday after my shift trying to get it worked out and nobody could figure it out. Seems like I'm out of luck if I can't figure it out on my own.
Try logging in on workbench at the store. You might not be in the system yet.

I was never able to get it resolved. Once I have more time (during normal business hours) I was going to call the help desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back