Archived eHR

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovecats

Free At Last!
I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. All of a sudden I cannot get into the site from home. It keeps telling me that my browser is not compatible. Then lists the browsers and windows operating systems it does take. I have IE and Windows 7 which it does list as compatible. I was able to get into it before with no problems but this started yesterday. I even tried on my husband's computer which has the same browser and windows. It's extremely frustrating as I like to get my check amount and set up my payments online a couple days before payday.

But I'm not on a MAC. Never have been. I looked at that to see if maybe something in there would help but nothing does. I have a Dell and my husband's is a hp. I've never in the 4 yrs I've had this computer had this problem before.

Everyone uses eHR from work, it's perfectly safe and the kiosk is specially made for the purpose of keeping your information confidential. Furthermore, the login info you use is the same used for workbench, so your concern is misplaced. If you insist on using eHR from home, you can use IE Tab for Firefox as previously suggested. If you're running Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9 is compatible with eHR and is offered as a free download (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie)
Otherwise, do some research into changing your User Agent for whichever browser you prefer to use.
This may help you too.
Also, try targetpayandbenefits.com, too.

Microsoft's monthly software update happened yesterday, which is known as Patch Tuesday (making today Exploit Wednesday). I noticed after the update that IE was now at version 11 for me. When I went to eHR, I got the incompatible browser message.

If this is the case for you (click the little gear at the top right, then click About Internet Explorer to see which version you are on), here is something that you can try.

• With IE open, press F12 on the keyboard.
  • At the bottom of the window, a little UI/Menu thing should pop up.
  • Under the drop down box where it says "User Agent String", choose some other version of IE like 10, 9, or 8.
  • Reload IE or reopen it from your bookmarks or re-navigate to it or whichever way you normally get there.

If that doesn't work, that's all I got.

Microsoft's monthly software update happened yesterday, which is known as Patch Tuesday (making today Exploit Wednesday). I noticed after the update that IE was now at version 11 for me. When I went to eHR, I got the incompatible browser message.

If this is the case for you (click the little gear at the top right, then click About Internet Explorer to see which version you are on), here is something that you can try.

• With IE open, press F12 on the keyboard.
  • At the bottom of the window, a little UI/Menu thing should pop up.
  • Under the drop down box where it says "User Agent String", choose some other version of IE like 10, 9, or 8.
  • Reload IE or reopen it from your bookmarks or re-navigate to it or whichever way you normally get there.

If that doesn't work, that's all I got.

Thanks. We did just do an update and we are on IE 11, also. My husband thinks that Tgt IT people just haven't updated to be compatible to the new IE 11. I might just wait a few days and if it doesn't start working I'll go ahead and try that.

Last edited:
Well, waited a few days for Targets IT to catch up and STILL getting the same message. Tried the F12 thing and what popped up had to drop down box that said anything remotely like "User Agent String". Went into Internet Explorer help and tried to download IE 10. It would not finish downloading and came up with a message that said that IE 10 was already installed but my computer is still telling me I have IE 11. And now the F12 key will not work at all. This is getting extremely frustrating!

A bit off topic, but on the login page for eHR it says copyright 2001. Has it really been in use since then?

I am new here, so I apologize if this has already been suggested but in IE 11; if you select Tools, then Compatibility View Settings, and add Target.com to the compatibility view list you can log on to eHR and view pay statements (which is all I've tried so far). Hope this helps my fellow team members!

Welcome to The Break Room Trotter.

Thanks for the heads up.

I am new here, so I apologize if this has already been suggested but in IE 11; if you select Tools, then Compatibility View Settings, and add Target.com to the compatibility view list you can log on to eHR and view pay statements (which is all I've tried so far). Hope this helps my fellow team members!
Thanks so much! I had gotten it to work from one of the other suggestions (F-12 etc.) but this is so much easier. I had to do that one every single time because it kept going back to the default setting in between times. Thanks again.
:excited:

Welcome to The Break Room!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back